The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Springs

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Springs

Looking for some advise on making a decision on buying springs. Well, I've been reading a lot of posts about springs and coilovers, and I'm going the springs way. I'm re-doing my suspension and have bought Gr2s after reading various comparisons, as I'm not going for big drop.

Mine is an 8g I4 ('03 DE trim). And I'm looking for something like a 1.2 - 1.4 drop in the front and less in the back, and nothing more, as where I live my roads are not that great. From what I've read, my options are Eibach and Vogtland Springs. I like the Vogtland ones and the reviews online seem pretty good, and I've always thought that German suspension is pretty good (IMO). Eibach's lowering for the I4 doesn't seem enough from what I've read, because of the weight reduction vs the V6.

Anyway, my question is this, after all my suspension work, I'm left with $175 only. I wish I had more, but this is scraping all my savings already. Does anyone know where I can get either of those brands for that price? Appreciate any links or other options please.

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    i would go eibach pro springs but not the sport sping or sprint springs there 1.4 front and 1.2 back
    03 I4

The cheapest option on eBay for Eibach pro is http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EIBAC...mZ320253553387
    which is like $240, any links to better deals?

if u have an i4 u can use teins for a v6, it'll drop u like 1.4-1.5 in the front

I got the eclipse pro kit springs for my inline 4, and it gave me a mild drop, I'll see if the guy i bought them from has another set, I got mine for $30 slightly used, if you need pictures of the drop, lemme know.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

i got some tein s-techs on ebay used for $110 and i like the drop they gave me w/ agx.. search ebay i got real lucky w/ those

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    what do you guys think about megan springs? im thinking of getting those but not sure