The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: T25 Turbo?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 30

T25 Turbo?

I spent the afternoon at a local junkyard, and came across a 95 Eclipse GSX auto. I started taking some stuff off of it. Just some things I need for my turbo build. What kind of turbo is the T25? that came on the GenII? Also, will the ECU from the 95 work for me? While looking for the ECU, I noticed some kind of control module on the floor on the passenger side, secured by some kind of panel. What is this module?

T 25 is the crapiest turbo u can get. Its ok for smaller engnes 1.6 - 2.0L, but 4g64 is little bigger for it. Itll run out of air at 5-6k and youre gonna lose boost. Get more important things like oil feeding and return lines, manifold, ECU, harness, oil pan.....Even better the 95 GSX ECU is EEPROM and it can be reprogramed for bigger injectors and stuff... and it it doesnt have speed limmiter. I think that box is the cruise control box, but im not sure. you have it on your galant as well
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Post the part number of the ECU, hell just tell us if it has an E in the lower right corner of the sticker and you may be a really lucky man with an EPROM.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

Went back to the junk yard today, and got the ECU. Eprom ECU? Is this it? Not bad for $40.00

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    If its from a 95, it is an eprom ECU, they normally sell for $200-250, so good deal indeed.
    7g for life!

MD312464 MSRP $918.32
    Electrical - Ignition system - Ecm
    Ecm - Gs-t & gsx 1995

for $40? steal lolol

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Damn, ur lucky..

By far the best deal I got from the junk yard. The beautiful thing about the pick-a-part here, is they charge one price for computers. 32.00 + $8.00 core. So if I find the ideal car, I have to take advantage. I also got the injectors out of the Eclipse GSX as well. I also took the cams. The reason it was there is because it threw a rod. This 2nd gen is amazing similar to our 7g's. Is there anything else I should salvage? Also, any idea what size the injectors are?
    Last edited by PogiGreg; 07-27-2008 at 03:58 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    I'd ask proto that question..

450cc on all 2gs
    RIP
    Part Out Coming Soon

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

Experienced TGC Member
    shit.. go back and get all the shit to do AWD swap!

That would be awesome, an AWD swap in a 7G!
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

I've seen a lot of posts about that. Is it even possible with the 7G? I don't know if that stuff will even bolt up.

It won't even directly bolt to a 2g FWD. You will need to have some fab skills to do that, but after reading a full swap I think it is very possible to do this on a 7g. Lot of time and knowledge needed though.
    RIP
    Part Out Coming Soon

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

there is actually very little fab work. it's just once you start there is no going back.

the whole rear subframe fits perfectly. you just need to cut away the spare wheel well and put the AWD fuel tank and a little bit of welding.

you better make sure you want to do it and do a lot of searching

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

That is way more that I am willing to take on. I am perfectly happy with FWD. I haven't even dropped my 4G63 in yet.

that picture IS of an EPROM ecu.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    there is actually very little fab work. it's just once you start there is no going back.

the whole rear subframe fits perfectly. you just need to cut away the spare wheel well and put the AWD fuel tank and a little bit of welding.

you don't cut the spare tire well.

you take out the fwd fuel tank, and put the awd fuel tank in its place.
    that is it.
    the awd fuel tank doesn't bolt in, they are secured with straps from the factory. so strapping it in to the 7g body should be a piece of cake.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post

no cutting of the rear spare is required. The rear subframe needs some modifications to bolt on. You need to use longer bolts for the AWD rear subframe, cut and weld brackes for the fuel tank staps and center pumpkin bracket of the subframe.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    no cutting of the rear spare is required. The rear subframe needs some modifications to bolt on. You need to use longer bolts for the AWD rear subframe, cut and weld brackes for the fuel tank staps and center pumpkin bracket of the subframe.
    thanks kevin, thats what i meant but got confused

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast