The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Mitsubishi Lancer Prototype-S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 25

Mitsubishi Lancer Prototype-S

We can confirm these concept sketches from last week are in fact the new Mitsubishi Lancer Prototype-S, which is set to be unveiled at the upcoming Geneva Motor Show in March. Just as the original Concept-X from the 2005 Tokyo Show and then the Prototype-X from last year’s Detroit Show announced the new Lancer and Lancer Evolution X, the Prototype-S will follow in the footsteps of the previous Concept Sportback show car from 2005’s Frankfurt event and previews the shape of the forthcoming Lancer Sportback.

When launched later in the year, this five-door hatchback variant of the new Lancer family is expected to account for 70% of its target European market. The Prototype-S features a lift-gate and flexible rear seating, and a sporty wedge-like profile with sharply chiselled lines and an assertive stance. Under the hood lies the Lancer Ralliart’s 240hp (177kW) 2.0L turbo engine and twin-clutch SST gearbox and full-time 4WD drivetrain with an active center differential.

Also on show will be the i-EV electric city car and the previous Pajero Evolution Dakar rally car.

Original: Back in 2005 Mitsubishi rolled out a concept version of a Lancer hatchback and less than a year later officials revealed the car was headed for production. Since then nothing much has been seen or heard of the new Lancer hatchback or the original Sportback Concept. That was until these drawings of a near-production Lancer hatch turned up.

Though we’re not sure if these images are official they do appear to follow the same lines as the previous Sportback Concept vehicle. Unlike the concept, the images depict a car with production style bumpers and lights and conventional exhaust pipes.

The new model is expected to join Mitsubishi’s lineup in the second half of the year, where it will join the sedan and performance Evo models in the midsized Lancer range. Expect to see similar powertrain options as in the sedan range, which means either four-cylinder petrol engines ranging from 1.5L to 2.4L as well as several petrol turbo and turbodiesel powerplants and of course a high-performance turbocharged 2.0L engine in an Evolution model.
    http://www.motorauthority.com/news/h...but-in-geneva/

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    that looks sick but dont like the hatch back version cant wait to see the future galants
    03 I4

i love hatchback!!!!!

5 doors FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ever see a 7g hatch? sooo hot.

mmmmmm and the 6g hatch
    sex i tell you!

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    i just saw this the other day on edmunds i think. I was gonna post it but i wasn't sure if people already saw it or not.

but i really like this hatchback a lot better than the previous Lancer sportback, which was really just a station wagon and didn't look good at all IMO

Like the Galant Fortis in Japan, maybe thy'll call this their new Legnum? :?

Its look like the Mazda from the back.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    actually i think it looks more like the previous generation hyundai elantra hatchback

TGC Regular
    -sigh-..
    Too many new mitsu cars having that face. Though it looks good... I'm getting tired of it.
    'o4 Acura TL: Dynamic ;; AEM | P2R | Falken

Sound.Vision.Soul // Drive.Drift.Dream

Quote Originally Posted by rez887
    Its look like the Mazda from the back.
    I was thinking the same thing. Not a big fan.

wtf? another hatch?

subi already ruined the wrx by making it a hatch. mitsu better not do the same thing.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

^ i was just going to say that..i hate hatchs
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    wtf? another hatch?

subi already ruined the wrx by making it a hatch. mitsu better not do the same thing.
    Subie ruined it by not offering a sedan version. There isn't anything wrong with having a hatch to go along with the sedan.

222whp/250wtq

interesting!

Almost reminds me of what Subaru did with the new STi. But it dont look too bad. I think I like it.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Love those fog lamps (or whatever they are)

they say that subie came out with the hatch so that wrc racers could swing the back end out more without hitting stuff so I imagine mitsubishi might be trying to stick their noses out to see how they like the idea of better weight distribution from the lack of all the weight in the back of the car like subie did. still dont see why they cant come out with the hatch and a sedan, not everyone wants a hatch.
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

this is a move towards the european market... "...this five-door hatchback variant of the new Lancer family is expected to account for 70% of its target European market." europe likes hatchbacks. you guys that don't like it are not in the target market for this vehicle anyways.

I HATE hatchbacks but this looks effin sick.

Black '02 2.4L ES ~ TGCLI

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    The only mitsu hatch I like is and will always be the Legnum. No other hatch back mitsu will ever beat that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast