The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: custom 7g, what to do?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 45
    When it comes to looking for aftermarket performance parts for the 7G, I usually hit a dead end. I've been looking for a good set of coilovers or springs for the 7G. I don't like the Sprints; the Eibachs are discontinued, and can only find them from places that still have inventory left.

When searching for supension stuff, what do you guys use in your search criteria? Since the suspension for the 2g Eclipse is a direct bolt on, should I be searching for parts under the Eclipse?

I just want a decent set of coilovers.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Well...if you can hold out till for the next several months, I am planning on selling my KYB AGX/Skunk2 coilover setup on mine Greg.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

, Keep me posted on that.

Quote Originally Posted by PogiGreg View Post
    When it comes to looking for aftermarket performance parts for the 7G, I usually hit a dead end. I've been looking for a good set of coilovers or springs for the 7G. I don't like the Sprints; the Eibachs are discontinued, and can only find them from places that still have inventory left.

When searching for supension stuff, what do you guys use in your search criteria? Since the suspension for the 2g Eclipse is a direct bolt on, should I be searching for parts under the Eclipse?

I just want a decent set of coilovers.
    k-sport

D2

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

i have done so much shit to my 7G, nobody even really notices (a good thing)

but it can be a pain in the dick

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    i have done so much shit to my 7G, nobody even really notices (a good thing)

but it can be a pain in the dick
    I agree! LOL....

D2 period.

i wouldn't buy anything less.

and with tein.... you pay more... and in fact... get less.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    k-sport

D2
    This is what I mean. I went to the K-Sport website and looked up our 7G. There is no mention of it. Only 89-93 Galant VR4's, and EA8A 99 and up Galants. Not much selection when you search for a 94-98 Galant.

you silly goose, nobody maked stuff for the galant. the eclipse suspension is exactly the same.

no need to search galant, just search 95-99 eclipse.

i have eibach ground control coilovers on mine :D

http://naughtynorth.forumwise.com - naughty north (Philippines)

If you can get ahold of coilovers for a jap model 8G Galant they will fit your 7G - the jap 8G has multi link like the 7G while the USDM 8G is macpherson strut like the Diamante.

I have a set of Skunk coils for sale Popi....fyi. Your on your own for shocks. But hit me up if you are interested. And Eibachs are NOT discontinued! Go to www.tirerack.com they have em. I think thats where I got mine from too

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    I always wanted an 8g, but fell in love with my 7g when I bought it. JDM parts are hard to get for the 7g.........I know.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

Guess Iam not in the list of HOT 7G's :) oh well.... My G is HoT to ME :)

G-Rim, Just bought a set of skunk 2's for my bro GS... Allthough there not a full coilover suspension I think its nice for its pricee...
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

Just added.
    Megan Racing Full exhaust
    RPW Headers
    Injen Cold Air
    AEM Cam Gear
    MagnaFlow Cat
    Apex Ground Stabilizer
    Last edited by Da_Gal; 08-03-2008 at 05:28 PM

if ya think about it the projects for our 7gs are endless...thanks to trig we can get connects on the jdm bumper wich is sick..u can get it shipped to ur front door with fogs for 350..or u can go the route like I did and along with 4-G and get the integra lip and slap it on the 97-98 front bumper looks sick..and if ur lucky some jdm or world spec head lights (cough thanks kolio cough) if u can find em but are had some vr4 side skirts and wing for the 7g or most ppl agree that the evo wing is a suitable look for the 7g..just gettin the 7g on wheels and dropped alone looks sick i love my 7g...at only 95k miles i plan on going another 100k on her..but slowly ha..boost the bitch thats what i plan on doin this winter hoepfully...shit if u want a project convert ur FWD 7g to an AWD 7g that would be sick..anyways each person has there taste on wht they like..i like my car to be clean and fast nothing flashy or classy in some term...

" but we are a dyin breed so take these 7gs higher and let them enjoy there potential and have the driver push forward and never look back" -Mitgalantes

^^put that in your avatars and smoke it!! BIIAATTCH!!

Here Here Bro

7gentuner
    is there any body wit a automatic car thats still nice or will i be the first?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    you wont be the first.. mine is auto.. mine is gonna be lowered.. have the tokico kit sitting next 2 me,and the turbo is going in hopefully in the next 2 month have everything 4 that but the ecu thats on the way

im leaving it as a sleeper 4 now so u might have more body work done if u do a kit or jdm parts
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    Here is mine:
    Haha, just noticed the Photoshopped rear discs!!!!

FTW!!!

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast