The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Advise

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Advise

Alright I am looking for some advise from some of you guys that have done a fair amount of work on your cars. I got my car inspected in the state of MD and there was a list of things that were wrong that I was trying to decide if I should fix or let the shop repair them. Most of it is really easy things, however I need to replace my rear upper control arm bushings as well as right front strut. To do all of the reapirs the shop wants $1000. That is for Right Front Strut, Muffler, Turn Signals, Horn, Wipper Blades and Arms, Removing tint, Rear upper control arm bushings. I priced out OEM parts at $490.94. I know that I can do this work, however I only have a week to do all of this and it has to be done after work. The only things I am worried are going to take time is the right front strut and reat control arm bushings. Let me know how hard those are and if this is something you would take care of or if it is something that you would just let the shop due.

Side note the shop estimate was at $1000 but they said depending on what came up it could be more.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    This is very easy to do. I could have that done in 2 hours or less. I dont know what skills you have but you can have this done too. Front strut is cake.

i say spend a day or two knocking out what u can like the wipers and the turn signals and maybe even the horns.

there are a bunch of shops on ritchie that will do your muffler for really cheap.

then spend the rest of the week at the shop doing what u can't handle, like the alignment.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Well I am possitive that I dont have 2 hour skills. However if you are saying the front strut is cake that and the bushings are the only thing I am remotly worried about. The muffler just needs to be bolted back on, the previous owner bolted on some kind of aftermarket pipe. The cat is still there as well as the mid pipe so I think one just needs to be unbolted and the other bolted on. Turn signals and wippers are what will get done during breaks from the bushings and strut. I thiunk I am going to take a go at it. They also said my headlight output was low, but I have a bad alternator so I think that may be the cause of that. Alternator will run the car, with the exception of the radio from time to time but wont charge the battery. It is like it creates enough current to run but not enough to supply that extra bit to the battery. Thanks for the help