The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: keyless entry?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

keyless entry?

Just trying to figure out if my galant has keyless entry. It's a 99 ES 4cyl. Do I follow the programming procedure to figure out if I have it? Were they all made with it? Just trying to figure this out.

Quote Originally Posted by cg8798 View Post
    Just trying to figure out if my galant has keyless entry. It's a 99 ES 4cyl. Do I follow the programming procedure to figure out if I have it? Were they all made with it? Just trying to figure this out.
    step 1 look at your keys if you
    dont have a remote then you dont
    have keyless entry
    step 2 slap forhead
    step 3 be lucky I answered this for you
    and dispose of this thread quickly
    And step 4 buy an alarm that way you can pop the
    trunk too LOL

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    to add it is extremely easy... ur lookin at about 6 wires depending on options u wwant lol

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Yes your car has factory keyless entry.. Get a remote and get it programmed..

Hey ricky, maybe he didn't get the remote when he got the car!

hahaha

Repeat step 2 until unconscious, and then skip to step 4 and pop your trunk to make yourself feel better.

:D

maybe he bought it used and the owner before him didn't give him the remote...
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

like i said hooking up keyless entry is very simple.. you can even do security/remote start at the same time which are both cool options

u have powerlocks so u have perfect platform for any aftermarket system..

Bigguy1MD
    I had the same thing 2 weeks ago and bought a remote on eBay for like 20 bucks and followed to programming procedure and all is well now. If you have power locks then you should have keyless.

Here are the instructions:

http://www.galantforums.com/joomla/i...tent&Itemid=61

Make sure when you look at the plug from below you know that it is reversed from this pic. I think it works out to be the back right wire as the number 1 and then 3 to the left is number 4. Hope that makes sense, let me know if it doesnt and use a paperclip for the jumper, it is the perfect fit.

a noob posted resourcefull info ?!?! 0_o

yeah thanks for the smart a$$ comments. I didn't buy the car. It was bought by a family member years ago and I took it for a while now. There was never a remote. Just as my old car never had a remote, I still had keyless. Just needed to know how to find if I did.