The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: need to slam my galant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 26 of 26
    yeah just saw it up for $1500 plus shipping.

its about a finger gap w/ 18's

thanks reelax im looking into this
    Last edited by VIPtint; 08-19-2008 at 03:01 AM

I had the shortened Koni inserts up front with Progress springs back in the day. They won't make much of a difference at all as far as slamming the car goes. Plus they blew out in less than a year.

Your best bet is to get a set of coilover dampers that have adjustment for body height as well as preload if you don't want bags. Either the JIC Magic, Megan or D2 dampers would be what you want. There is no way I can see you slamming your car the way you want with springs unless you spend a lot of money getting custom struts and shocks made and then you'll end up spending as much as you would for a nice bag setup.

yo david, so the konis arent shortened? i thought they were shorter to add more travel for lowered cars. well right now at my height there is only about 1" before they bottom out. i thought the koni were shorter, so when compressed they would have extra travel. i would then add a bump stop to ensure that the car doesnt bottom out on flat ground and the tire doesnt hit the upper fender.

good question? i thought they cut the strut body to have more play not to bottom out?

Quote Originally Posted by VIPtint View Post
    yo david, so the konis arent shortened? i thought they were shorter to add more travel for lowered cars. well right now at my height there is only about 1" before they bottom out. i thought the koni were shorter, so when compressed they would have extra travel. i would then add a bump stop to ensure that the car doesnt bottom out on flat ground and the tire doesnt hit the upper fender.
    The ones I had were shortened, yeah. That allowed for more suspension travel just like you stated, but it wasn't that much of a difference. RRE doesn't make the shortened version anymore unless you take your car to them personally because they were having too many complaints from people about their tires rubbing and whatnot due to the extra travel. A bump stop would help that I guess, but I still didn't like how quickly the Koni inserts blew out on me. The inserts that RRE uses are really made for the 1G Eclipse and I believe the 3G Eclipses and 8G Galants are too heavy for them.

well i think imma run it the way it is right now. first i took the bump stop out completely. and the strut was bottoming out hard metal to metal. so i added just the dust cover and 1 slot to soften it. i should be a little better now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12