The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tail light blackouts???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 30
    .AGENT.

Tail light blackouts???

I remember seeing a post on one of the long since burried boards about Tail light blackouts for the 8G... I'm interested in buying a pair. Anyone know who I should talk to? And yes... I've already done a search and it pulled up an insane number of posts so any help would be great.

I believe....................and don't quote me on this, but BGR's were from a Mustang,.

Mom to Krystal, Joey and Peyton

His fog covers were from a mustang. I think they had Galant specific covers for the tails made by GTS(?)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sarah)</div><div class='quotemain'>I believe....................and don't quote me on this, but BGR's were from a Mustang,.</div>
    The pedal on the right is the gas, use it!

.AGENT.
    I've searched all of the web sites I found that still offered GTS (I understand they have gone out of business) with no luck... I recall somone having them made and they were willing to make more but I cannot remember for the life of me who it was... anyone else remember?

Tazz2000
    I still have my set that I got because it was molded from my tails. They don't fit my design style, so I will part with them for $40. I think he origionally sold them for $50+. I don't remember. Let me know.

hey agent - there was an member from the eclipse boards selling blackout taillights for the 8g galants 99-01!!! i was gonna get a pair from him, but i got 02 tails, so it is slightly different from thr 99-01 tails! - he told me he still has one set left, but let me see if i can find his e-mail address!!

btw - do you got 99-01 tails??

and tazz---->were yours molded from 02 tails or what? - if so, i'll get at ya on monday! - but if agent ^ up there;s got 02 tails, then sell them to him, since he posted this first!!
    Semper Fi'

.AGENT.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the tail lights are the same on the 99-01 as the 02... the only differences are the cosmetics of the back up light. So... I would think that black outs from a 99-01 would work on a 02? Tazz, I PM'd you but if you happen to look here first... I'll will more than likely pick those up from you, do you have any pictures? How long did you have them on... any issues with fittment or defects? Thanks again guys.

Either that, or you can simply smoke them out yourself with a smoke spray. Thats what I did and I get never ending compliments on them......
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

.AGENT.

True...

True... I'm looking for something more along the lines of temporary though. I'm thinking a "temporary" spray would come off to easily and a permanent spray just wouldn't come off at all LoL... Thanks for the input though.

yo tazz i was just lookin at ur pics.. nice whip man... one question... that dvd/cd player... how much $$ di du pay for it??? that shit is hot... i want it... hook a brotha up... peace...
    anthony

Black Magic
    i think i overheard someone saying that they used black panty hose or something ask 2001mitusbishigtz i think thats his name i believe he used panty hose and it looked pretty good.

.AGENT.

Hmm...

I dont know about the pantyhose... the girls I date dont wear much to begin with so I'd hate to ask them for what little they do (...and leave it on my car as evidence). I think I'm going to pick the covers up from Tazz, thanks people. :ass:

GaLanT
    For the pantyhose mod, it's o.k but you can't really see the brake light up too well during the day. Also, it attracts dirt and don't wash too easily.

so yea let me post. im the first one on the board to slap on a pair of pantyhose on the car. i love it. the longest i've had a pair on my car would be possibly 6-8 months no problems. i just use the cheap shit. 2 dollars can't beat that. as long as u put it on correctly. to wash just spray with a hose and ur good to go. the darkenss on the tails can vary too. things like the color of the pantyhose and what size u get. the smaller the size u get, the harder its gonna be to put on and the more it will stretch meaning its gonna be more see thru.

here's an old ass pic of my car u can see there is a sligth difference

nightshades is a pretty good buy. 8 dollars a can can do ur tails pretty dark. the japanese makes a similar product like 20-30 dollars a can. it comes in permanent and removable. yea its expensive, but the formula is stronger so it will do more things...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Re: Correct me if I'm wrong...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(.AGENT.)</div><div class='quotemain'>Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the tail lights are the same on the 99-01 as the 02... the only differences are the cosmetics of the back up light. Â*So... I would think that black outs from a 99-01 would work on a 02? Â*Tazz, I PM'd you but if you happen to look here first... Â*I'll will more than likely pick those up from you, do you have any pictures? Â*How long did you have them on... any issues with fittment or defects? Â*Thanks again guys. </div>

The 02 tails are different in that they have a flat face where the 99-01 tails have a contoured face, so the covers may look wierd on 02 tails.

00GTZ00
    http://www.tricktape.com/product.asp?0=378&1=385&3=995 you could allways get those! had them on my old nija, they work great!

I tried doing the pantyhose thing
    and A I got a run in them while tightening up
    and B I managed to pop out a bolt from the taillights while tightening also..
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

I've got a set of the black outs that tazz is talking about I love them. I did finally get pulled over for them and got a warning ticket. I have had no problems with them. They only fit the 99~01 I am buying a pair of 02 tails and will let him borrow them to make a mold if he wants to.

Wes
    Another fine post brought to you By:
    The Manâ„¢
    Search the boards first please!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MrJaYdEeOnE)</div><div class='quotemain'>I tried doing the pantyhose thing
    and B I managed to pop out a bolt from the taillights while tightening also..</div>

tip, the bigger the pantyhose the easier it is to put on and u get less runs

o yea, my tails are on jsut finger tight. i don't even use tools to remove my tails. i do check them from time to time to make sure they are not loose though.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MrJaYdEeOnE)</div><div class='quotemain'>I tried doing the pantyhose thing
    and B I managed to pop out a bolt from the taillights while tightening also..</div>

tip, the bigger the pantyhose the easier it is to put on and u get less runs

o yea, my tails are on jsut finger tight. i don't even use tools to remove my tails. i do check them from time to time to make sure they are not loose though.</div>

what about leaks..any problems with that or condensation inside them
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast