The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: another hid question (yeah i searched)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 36 of 36
    Thanks. I noticed that in the rain they dont seem to light everything up like they do any other time. I thought it was just me.

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJambo View Post
    so do your bulbs have a built in glare shield or is it just and open exposed bulb?
    i don't quite remember, but i think it has the shield

Quote Originally Posted by galantofva View Post
    the color also depends on the brand of the H.I.D. kit. I have 8k's and mine arent nearly as blue as yours, my friends 10k's are the same blue as your 8k's. Another friend of mine has 4300k and his are yellow-ish.
    The color temp doesn't vary. What varies is what people consider 8k or 10k. 8000 kelvin is ALWAYS 8000 kelvin. If someone's HID kit is a 'more blue' or a different color, its simply a different kelvin temp.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Instead of starting another thread I'll piggy back on this one.

My question is if I already have HID & wanted to change to bixenon do I have to change both ballasts & bulbs or just bulbs?

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1 View Post

My question is if I already have HID & wanted to change to bixenon do I have to change both ballasts & bulbs or just bulbs?
    i think it would be just the bulb. i think it's the same thing between temps too. correct me if i am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1 View Post

New bulbs and new ballasts.

http://www.hidfoglight.com/customerS...VsBiXenon.html <--- That has a little bit of info on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    New bulbs and new ballasts.

http://www.hidfoglight.com/customerS...VsBiXenon.html <--- That has a little bit of info on the subject.
    that is some really good basic info that i never see posted or discussed anywhere else. i had no idea that on the halogen/hid hi/low setup the halogen bulb was only to pass inspections and wouldn't really work as a highbeam for driving.

in reference to the shield that is built on the actual bulb, yes there is a cut-off shield that is built on the H4 HID bulbs. It is there to reduce the glare because the original shield in the headlamp isn't enough for the HID.

in reference to getting BI-Xenon headlights, you will need to change both the bulbs and more importantly, the ballasts. The ballast set-up you have right now i am assuming that is a single Xenon and only plugs into the low beam inputs and in order to get BI-Xenon you will need to get a ballast that will plug into both HIGH beams and LOW beams

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    i got my HIDs today, reading the instructions here... seems kinda straightforward, can someone with an 8g go in order on how they did their install?

unplug the harness from the back of the headlight bulb. plug that harness into the female end of the ballast's harness. the other end of the ballast should connect directly to the new bulb. insert new bulb. mount ballast. repeat on the other side. enjoy
    ...pain is temporary, pride is forever...

unless he got the harness

Quote Originally Posted by dwjp90 View Post
    unless he got the harness
    what do you mean unless he got the harness?

a relay harness, draws power from the battery instead of the bulb harness.

hmm, i actually use a relay for mine because my stock wiring was shit and had shitty grounds, but i dont know of any HID kits that ship with a relay harness, usually i have seen that you need to either make them on your own or buy it separately. but its definitely a plus if you find one that does have it

mine had it 8p i can probally salvage it out and sell it if ur interested

i read foglights.com and it looks like the 3 bulb bixenon is the best. but it doesnt have an h7 bulb. so the only option for a jdm headlight is a single bulb hid?
    "Our fears don't stop death, they stop life"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12