The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Again...94 GS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 74 of 74
    Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    bone stock my 7G could blow tires off in first and chirp second. the 20 hp isnt that much of a diffrence.
    I suppose it comes down tires. I had some damn nice rubber on my GS when it was stock and I wasn't blowing apart 1st or second.

Chirping 2nd.... lol is completely meaningless.
    I could chirp 5th if I dumped the clutch into it at a high enough rpm.
    Speed shifting into second is also completely pointless. All you are going to accomplish is shocking your driveline and prematurely wearing out your 2nd gear.
    Avoiding silly things like that is how i make so much damn power, and still have my original flawlessly shifting stock transmission... with 190k miles on it.

there is more to it than 20hp peak. We're talking more power across a wider powerband, higher redline... and a rediculous world of aftermarket head parts for that head. for cheap.

If i had a stock GS at my disposal... the first thing I'd do to it is drop some cams in and a rpw long tube header.

there is a very long list of better parts/ options that come standard on the GS.
    GS, s, ls es whatever.... I've had an ES, two GS's, and a S... and I love 7g's

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

i love 7g's too i have getting rid of my GS because i had to choose between my moms S or the GS and it means the world when the S was passed along to me after my mom passed away so i had to choose the S but i love the GS you guys trust me its an amazing machine
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    I suppose it comes down tires. I had some damn nice rubber on my GS when it was stock and I wasn't blowing apart 1st or second.

Chirping 2nd.... lol is completely meaningless.
    I could chirp 5th if I dumped the clutch into it at a high enough rpm.
    Speed shifting into second is also completely pointless. All you are going to accomplish is shocking your driveline and prematurely wearing out your 2nd gear.
    Avoiding silly things like that is how i make so much damn power, and still have my original flawlessly shifting stock transmission... with 190k miles on it.

there is more to it than 20hp peak. We're talking more power across a wider powerband, higher redline... and a rediculous world of aftermarket head parts for that head. for cheap.

If i had a stock GS at my disposal... the first thing I'd do to it is drop some cams in and a rpw long tube header.

there is a very long list of better parts/ options that come standard on the GS.
    GS, s, ls es whatever.... I've had an ES, two GS's, and a S... and I love 7g's
    would cams create a large gain in power with the motor being N/A? because I have my eye on a set of BC 272s that I was gunna wait to buy for the turbo build but if they will make a good amout of power now then I will get them and put them in this spring.
    http://www.maperformance.com/brian-c...hafts-dsm.html

you'll want to talk to mysticj about what cams to run in an n/a GS
    From what he told me the GS actually has a 264 intake cam which is bigger than the stock cam that comes in a turbo 4g63.
    I'm sure that a set of 272's would make more power than stock, but it would boil down to where the power is made, and how you have your cams degreed etc.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

TGC Regular
    From my understanding you really wont get too much power out of cams running the motor n/a... But if your going turbo then it wouldn't be a bad idea...

Id say that the biggest advantage of the GS is the knock sensor. Not many mitsu N/A cars are equipped with it. Even the N/A 1g Eclipse dont have it. As far as I know 02-03 V6 Eclipse and galants have the knock sensor.

ABS.....some normal trim 7g's come with ABS........ but some like not having ABS /me/ ....one thing less to go bad.

Everything else is doable......... and not to forget the few interior differences.
    Last edited by mko; 12-09-2009 at 05:47 PM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

the info I found said that running a small advance like (2deg) with n/a will yield more low end torque and power so I assume that a more aggressive cam with the same advance will do the same with a longer reach in to higher rpm

and on the subject of change, what years of integra lips fit the 7g

the right grind of cam can make a big difference.
    My ideal N/A streetfighter:
    delete the balance shafts, cam gears, underdrive pulley, aluminum accessory pulley set, aluminum flywheel, sprung 4 puck, a nice ignition module, dynatec arc2 ignition, coil on plug, intake exhaust header, a built fuel system with -6an supply lines from tank to rail. ... and a maft pro
    couple that with my same suspension setup and some ultra light wheels and a Kaaz lsd ....done.
    would be able to make some serious power and surprise the shit out of a lot of people...
    biggest advantage...
    a blast to drive.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

For me it will be:
    Jun 264/Tomei 260
    Evo III IM
    RPW Longtube header
    62mm TB
    Gasket match ports
    beehive valve springs
    GS Eprom Ecu
    Either G4JS pistons or Comestic 0.027" HG
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    you'll want to talk to mysticj about what cams to run in an n/a GS
    From what he told me the GS actually has a 264 intake cam which is bigger than the stock cam that comes in a turbo 4g63.
    I'm sure that a set of 272's would make more power than stock, but it would boil down to where the power is made, and how you have your cams degreed etc.
    Actually, they are 260*/264*. Mitsu OEM 'G' cams. 10mm lift on intake and 9.5mm on exhaust. Lobe angle 112* intake, 111* exhaust; LSA 111.5*

From what I read about Jun 264 cams, their effective duration @ 1mm(0.040") is greater than HKS272!
    Last edited by mysticj; 01-07-2010 at 11:10 AM
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

No man its not socketed yet. Im gonna run like that and eventually will do what you re saying. Since im lazy and i dont want to rewire my harness Ill be getting a GS harness and swapping it in my Galant.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

I'll planning on sending my "G" stamped cams to DeltaCams to have them clean up and spec'd out.

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

there's been 5 gs's sell in the last 2 months down here in ut. 3 5 speeds, and 2 auto's. they all sold in the range of 400-1000. I was thinking of buying one of them and getting rid of the s, but I allready have 90% of the gs parts and about 30% of them is allready installed on the car. I can smoke the tires in 1st and get a good bark out of the tires in 2nd in my 94 s and its sohc still. My buddy has a 89 civic si 1.6l turboed car at around 6 psi and he drove my s and said it pulls harder in all the gears than his civ. He's jealouse. LOL. and the s has 230,000 miles on it! I cant wait to get the gs headswap in and see what it does.

1994 Galant S. 90 Percent GS.

Got the specs back from DeltaCam.

Intake

Exhaust

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234