The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: F5M42 gearbox

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

F5M42 gearbox

Do any of your Galants use the F5M42 gearbox?

I know the eclipse does, so does the FTO and the V6-24V Galant sold in the UK, The reason I ask is that Im looking for a dog gearset for one. As Im running one in my FWD 6A13 Mitsubishi FTO.

if anyone knows where to get a dog box conversion gearset from it would be greatly aprechiated :)

yeah the EVO gearset wont wit in my box, ended up getting one custom made.

lol

Experienced TGC Member
    Thats actually pretty cool. How much did the dogbox gearset run you?
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua42007 View Post

lol
    He is the OP of the thread and tried to find out more info about it or share info he gained from working on this..you aren't cool, but I approve of the magic card :-D

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but some of you may know my FTO drag car and the developments its been through, from standard FTO to 6A13TT to 6A13T running 660bhp, now evo engine running almost 1000bhp.
    www.mitsubishi-fto.net

During this time I've developed many custom parts for it and one is an F5M42 Dog Box. This cost me quite a few £'000 to design and develop and now that I've switched to the EVO box it of no use to me.

Unfortunately I damaged it when my clutch let go, so it needs a new 5th gear, and possibly input shaft (you may get away with the input shaft as the clutch still fits it) for that reason I'm letting go very cheap, £1750 for the dog kit if anyone is interested.
    Both http://www.glebe.co.uk and http://www.eliteracingtransmissions.com have said they would be able to re-manufacture the parts required, and I've used glebe to replicate some of the existing gears when I wanted to change ratio's and they were about £200 per gear at the time. So it should be a cheap fix.

The gear ratios are

1st 2.846
    2nd 1.941
    3rd 1.391
    4th 1.037
    5th 0.833