The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Sunroof???

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Sunroof???

Is anyone having problems with there roof leaking water in the center on the back side of it? I carried it to the dealer and all they did was blow out the drain tubes and now it has started back leaking i dont think it ever stopped any suggestions??
    STEPHEN
    2000 GMC K2500 4x4
    2004 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4

I have the same problem. Where are the drain tubes? I'm gonna see if there are adjustment screws that I can play around with once it gets warmer out.
    The pedal on the right is the gas, use it!

The dealer told me they were at the front of the sunroof aparently they run down the a-pillar thats all they would tell me. My car is going back to the dealer next week so the can adjust something i think they said the glass so there is some type of adjustment to the roof i will find out and repost about the problem!!
    STEPHEN
    2000 GMC K2500 4x4
    2004 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4

there are 4 drain tubes.
    adjusting the glass will do NOTHING, as its not intended to be waterproof. the roof is designed to leak into the drain channels, and from there drain down all 4 drain tubes.

I'm direct on that but on the back side of the roof facing the rear of the vehicle its is leaking in the center apparently where the seal is joined together and it is dripping down to the sliding cover thats my main concern on the whole deal and the dealership told me there was a adjustment to the glass is what he told me so im going by what i was told.
    STEPHEN
    2000 GMC K2500 4x4
    2004 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4

Well finally got a fixer for my problem the dealership is going to replace the glass and the weatherstripping so hopefully that will solve the problem.
    STEPHEN
    2000 GMC K2500 4x4
    2004 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4

Moosh
    Mines leaks too, the mechanic at where I work put air into the drain holes and it did not seem clogged. The drain holes went to around under the back bumper somewhere. This is on my 7th gen galant thou.

They told me the same thing however its still leaking bad the mitsu rep said that they werent going to warranty it since the miles were about 4000 over and the guy called me yesterday and said it was going to cost around $500 plus to fix the problem that includes new glass and weatherstripping and labor i told him that he was full oh crap so i dont know what im gonna do know and get this he said that i had to have half of the price up front before they ordered the parts aint that some $%^& as well however i understand where they are coming from due to ppl ordering stuff and never coming to pick it up but im not like that well anyway im tired of @#$%^&$$ now.
    STEPHEN
    2000 GMC K2500 4x4
    2004 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4

Moosh
    I have no idea why replacing the glass would do a damn thing? A piece of glass is a piece of glass. Unless it is broken somewhere it is not going to matter. The weathering stripping MIGHT matter. Go to a local mechanic you trust, ask him to shoot some air into the drain holes to see if they are blocked, if they are blocked tell him to clean them out, if they are clean, tell him to replace the stripping or see what HE thinks might be the problem. I don't think the dealer is looking out for your best interest in this case.

Yeah the drain holes have been cleaned and it is still leaking the water is coming from near the glass in the back of the roof i'll just find a wreck one and see if i can get just the glass and weatherstripping.
    STEPHEN
    2000 GMC K2500 4x4
    2004 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4