The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My swedish galant projekt (turbo + styling)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 63

My swedish galant projekt (turbo + styling)

Hello.

My name is Henrik and im from sweden, so excuse my english. I hope you understand what I write :)
    I have been dropping in on this forum several times, and you guys have helped me alot. But I havent made a user, so now is the time.

I thought I could share what Ive been doing in the garage for ~ 6 months.

The link is to swedens largest carsite, and my project thread. I dont have the time to translate the project to english, but if you have questions you are welcome to ask. And it has many pictures so even if you dont understand the text you will understand by looking at the pictures. Its 17 pages at this time.

The link: http://www.garaget.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=73151&p=1

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    The manifold needs some reinforcement...I can see the runners cracking either where they meet to the cylinder head flange or the turbo flange. What grade of piping did you use?

I am trying to understand why you went with a individual throttle body manifold?

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Welcome to TGC! I was looking thru your pictures and I have to say that you do some outstanding job. Bravo man. Good job.
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 08-06-2008 at 02:41 PM

Looking good bro!!! Keep it up. Get us a video of when the engine is running.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i skipped through some pages but overall mn you do some great work...a lot of time was put into that car i see. my only nitpicks with the car is the spoiler and i was never a fan of that front bumper

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    The manifold needs some reinforcement...I can see the runners cracking either where they meet to the cylinder head flange or the turbo flange. What grade of piping did you use?

I am trying to understand why you went with a individual throttle body manifold?
    The inlet manifold runners are actually milled from a solid bar of aluminum, but since my brother hadnĀ“t figured out how to weld aluminum with his newly bought TIG welder at the time he glued the runners to the cylinder flange with JB Weld. He is almost expecting the glue to crack, but when it does we will get it welded in no time. Just because everyone goes for fuel injection we decided to use carburators, so it is actually 38mm Mikuni carbs from a Suzuki GSXR 750 instead of throttle bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    Welcome to TGC! I was looking thru your pictures an dI have to say that you do some outstanding job. Bravo man. Good job.
    Thank you :D

Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlackDragon View Post
    Looking good bro!!! Keep it up. Get us a video of when the engine is running.
    Thanks, I promise I will post videos.

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    i skipped through some pages but overall mn you do some great work...a lot of time was put into that car i see. my only nitpicks with the car is the spoiler and i was never a fan of that front bumper
    Thank you, I am also sceptical about the spoiler. Im thinking about 4 black sharkfins on the trunk. I have seen a supra with 4 sharkfins on the roof, and that looked badass imo. I like the bumper. Its not as usual here as in USA.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    interesting.

holy shit!

alot of work done, keep it up!

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by 9G View Post
    interesting.
    Im glad you think so :)

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    holy shit!

alot of work done, keep it up!
    Thanks. A few hours has gone by in the garage ;) and more to come.
    I hope to be able to start the engine before winter, and for it to be ready for paint in the end of the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post

I guess time will tell if the exhaust manifold will crack, but the K24 turbo is very lightweight compared to larger ones like Holsets HX-series so I think that it will survive. I have no idea of the grading, but it is the same quality that other tuning companies around here use. Mild steel, no SS.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    My hats off to you. That is some hell of a work. Great job man . I'll keep chcking in on this build.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Nice job. Alot of work, well done.

At the end im saying to myself "Why did he weld up the whole intake manifold but still not flange for the TB?"

JACKASS. 5 mins before that I was in awe at the ITB setup, that I soon neglected to realize was still there.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Well done my friend! I wish I had a garage, like you do, to work on my car. A lot more stuff would be done untill now. Love the Evo hood scoop, but no like the body kit - I personally like the stock front bumper better. Hopefully that 1.8L will spool up the turbo nicely! I dont understand the use of 4 throttle bodies when you dont have forged internals and cant boost more than 12psi, and with these power outputs your manifold is not really restrictive. A simple 60mm throttle body swap wouldve been enough, but respect for the custom intake manifold.

I saw your G had rear disk brakes, and its weird cuz only one USDM Galant, the GS trim, comes with that setup. And I see your is not a DOHC model either which makes me think that EU models are more hooked up than the US Galants
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Wow, this is looking great :) . Not fond of the kit, but the work is still amazing. Keep it up
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

looking great, love the "evo hood" :)

this is what i call craftsmanship... can't wait to see the final product. :D goodluck!

http://naughtynorth.forumwise.com - naughty north (Philippines)

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    man it looks like you had some serious fun, amazing workload! there's some clever ideas you're coming up, this looks like an awesome build.

honestly? it all looks great except for the wing....ditch the wing. anything but a JDM or Evo8 wing is hard to agree with on the 7G. stock wing works well also...
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

wow...great work so far...looking foward to see how this ends up
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272
    ported Dual Ball Bearing FP RED 84mm 25psi w/ external dump

That's some really neat work you did there, I wish I could play with metal like that.
    And here's the Google Engrish version :D

Nice work Henke, using GSXR carburetors is a really cool idea.

Now all you need to do is enter it into 'Getaway In Stockholm'. :D j/k

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast