The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: several spring questions concerning 8th gen.

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

several spring questions concerning 8th gen.

Hello all.. my girlfriend recently inherited an '03 Galant and we're looking to jazz it up a little bit. I just had a few questions, i normally play with Hondas so this is kinda out of my territory.

1) What are some commonly used drop springs for the Galant? I have looked through the forums and heard a few people talk aobut the obvious (Tein S-Tech.. everybody's favorite lol).. however I'm just curious to see what everyone seems to like and what works best. aka.. which goes lowest. lol The galant seems to have ridiculous front wheel gap so I'm looking for somethin' 2" or better. google wasn't much help.. that's actualy how i found this site though so.. maybe it was help after all.

2) Are there compatible chassis with the 8th gen. Galant? With Hondas the Civic/Integra are basically interchangeable and I'm assuming that mitsu did the same --- I'm assuming the 3rd gen. Eclipse may be compatible?

3) Any differences between the V6 model and the 4 cyl. model that may be a problem?

Thanks for your help guys!
    Honda Guy.. don't hang me!

'95 Civic CX - RIP
    '94 Civic DX B18B1 swapped - RIP
    '97 Civic DX coupe B16B swapped - fun times!

welcome to TGC
    1. for the drop you are looking for you can either get coilovers or progressive springs (progressiving springs are 2.2 inch drop in front and 1.8 inch drop rear).
    I had progress springs on my galant, along with KYB AGX struts
    and this is how the drop looked before I got bodykit

I currently have Tein Basic Coilovers and this is how the drop looks, and there is still room to go lower front and rear

2. you are correct. 3rd Generation eclipse 00 - 05, they share same suspension, as well as brakes, and some engine parts as well as some other stuff.
    3. whatcha mean differences between V6 and I4?
    Last edited by mrjaydeeone; 08-07-2008 at 12:19 AM
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

I think you answered your own questions. :)

haha awesome.. by differences between I4 and V6 i was just wondering if there were any (some suspensions vary between engine types with certain manufacturers. like the new dodge charger.) i guess there aren't any.

i guess we'll go with Progress. awesome, love that company.. not really looking to jump on a set of full coilovers for this car. kinda ballin' on a budget lol

i really like this forum though, you guys are really helpful and there are some seriously hot cars on here!

i already found the honda-lip-retrofit thing..which works well because i just broke the end-piece of my front lip so it'll work out great on the galant.

'95 Civic CX - RIP

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    maybe once you've seen this site you'll dump the hon-duh and pick up a G for yourself

haha, you never know eh?

'95 Civic CX - RIP

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    what area u live in? welcome to the forums

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    Welcome! Mod smart not fast.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Welcome and where you from?

oh crap i didn't even fill that out on the registration thing.. i'm from spartanburg, south carolina.

haha, i'm accustomed to the "mod smart, not fast" ideal -- always a believer in doing it right. my car has a JDM CTR B16B (fun times), an intake i made, Maximpower tri-y header w/ exhaust dump, Cusco LSD, Exedy clutch, front/rear strut bars, rear lower tie bar, 99 front end conv. w/ CTR headlights/grill/lip, oe fogs, right now a borrowed Seibon cf hood, integra seats, mugen shift knob, coilovers/adj. tokicos, Si front/rear sways, '95 EX rear discs, Si front brakes.. stuff like that. i'll post pics soon. the galant i'm playing with is an '03 V6 model.

thanks for the warm welcome!

'95 Civic CX - RIP

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Tein S-techs, Megan springs, H&R springs, Eibach, & then compliment them with KYB AGX's. But since it's your girls car you can soften upthe ride using KYB GR2 struts.