The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Trunk Rattle

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Trunk Rattle

Ok so I done gone and put two layers of fatmat in my trunk and the trunk is still rattling. before the whole trunk wouldnt just rattle it would pop up and down, and the bumper would rattle too. So to fixed the bumper i drilled two new wholes that bolt up the bumper cover under the car that that fixed the bumper noise. Now the trunk wont stop ratlling, and the gain aint even turned up that high. I was just wonderin if i get a new bandpass box would that help at all. i was thinking of getting the one dual sells. Anyone with subs that has this problem what a good was to fix this.

link to dual box

http://www.dualav.com/carsubs/hires/bp1204.jpg

dual sucks
    trunk rattle sucks
    its something that cant be cured with the trunk design of a galant
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Put rubber washers behind your plate.. Drill the two holes at the bottom and put screws in there..

TGC Regular
    take your plate off and turn your music up to see of thats the source of the rattle. If so, do like he said and put some rubber washers behind it.

On mine i have some of that foam weather stripping behind my plate, and inbetween my plate and the licence plate cover.

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

trunk rattle

with your current set up, rattle will be there. You will have to use alot of "mat". The best way to combat rattle is face the speakers or port into the passeneger compartment. When you do this, it will not cause the trunk to rattle. You must also seperate the trunk air space from the passenger space. If you are using the front of the woofers or a port., that enegry or air must be going into the passenger compartment. If there is any leaks or air getting into the trunk from the front wave or port, you will get trunk rattle.