The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galante's 8g Build

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 559
    Ok today I pre-installed the front bumper.. Here's how it looks.

"Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    very nice no gaps what so ever, you my friend are ahead of the curve!

Quote Originally Posted by Galante View Post
    Ok today I pre-installed the front bumper.. Here's how it looks.

^^ F&$@!!&^ Sexy.....

Car is sold, no more G.... Moved on to something a big more sporty.... lol

Dude that looks great!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Looks good dude. It came out great.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. I'll keep you posted.

Looks great, both the HID's and the front bumper.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

I m gonna be your US twin. lol Hopefully I can start on my conversion soon as I get my grille and heads in. We got the same JDM tails too! :)

I wired the fogs today..

Quote Originally Posted by Da_silvagride View Post
    I m gonna be your US twin. lol Hopefully I can start on my conversion soon as I get my grille and heads in. We got the same JDM tails too! :)
    Those are nice tails. It's cool to know you are doing a jdm conversion too! Goodluck. Let me know if I can help. :smt035
    Last edited by Galante; 08-23-2008 at 07:41 PM

goob job,looks nice

JDM front covension Old style vr4,18"axis black seven mod,clifford alarm,egr rear window visor,kenwood unit 7"screen DVD,two tones paint job,3G strut bar , HID's.

Damn you are good!!!!

beautiful work dude! gonna be sick after paint
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Thanks bro! Still waiting for the folding mirrors and egr visor before having them painted.

Those are nice tails. It's cool to know you are doing a jdm conversion too! Goodluck. Let me know if I can help. :smt035
    thanks bro. Will do.

I have not done progress on this yet since we had a baby.. I'm waiting for the fg EGR visor and folding mirrors to come so I can start sending the pieces for painting. ;)

I wired the fogs today..

ok, nobody does this right (only like 1 or 2 other members actually are trying or have done it right... the fogs on the '98+ front end are not quad fogs nor are they fogs and signals. the inside pair=fogs, outside pair=turning floods... they are not signals, parking lights, or fogs. ASTIG and i spoke about this in detail and TRIGGERMAUVE and a bunch of JDM owners have confirmed this over the years. the outside pair are actually aimed at an angle away from the car. what they are supposed to do is light up the road white in the direction of the turn, and stay lit as long as the signal on that side is activated (they should not blink and should never be on at the same time). ASTIG got the wiring to work or was about to last i talked to him about it... he can help you do it correctly (as well as all the other guys w/ the same front end). as for the headlight wiring, look at my tutorial. the correct wiring makes the low beam and hi beam stay on when the hi beam is activated... they should not alternate when going from low to high and back... the high beam should ADD to the low beam and turn off again when the hi beam is deactivated, but the low beams should not go off until the headlights are turned off.
    Last edited by Reelax; 08-27-2008 at 07:59 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    ok, nobody does this right (only like 1 or 2 other members actually are trying or have done it right... the fogs on the '98+ front end are not quad fogs nor are they fogs and signals. the inside pair=fogs, outside pair=turning floods... they are not signals, parking lights, or fogs. ASTIG and i spoke about this in detail and TRIGGERMAUVE and a bunch of JDM owners have confirmed this over the years. the outside pair are actually aimed at an angle away from the car. what they are supposed to do is light up the road white in the direction of the turn, and stay lit as long as the signal on that side is activated (they should not blink and should never be on at the same time). ASTIG got the wiring to work or was about to last i talked to him about it... he can help you do it correctly (as well as all the other guys w/ the same front end). as for the headlight wiring, look at my tutorial. the correct wiring makes the low beam and hi beam stay on when the hi beam is activated... they should not alternate when going from low to high and back... the high beam shoud ADD to the low beam and turn off again when the hi beam is deactivated, but the low beams should not go off until the headlights are turned off.

That's what I remember reading before and I told ron the same thing as well. Cuz it is legal to have only quad lights but imagine having quad plus 2 on the fogs plus the flood lights all at once that's way too many lights. But the question is how is it wired to the turn signal without blinking. I have to search for that and see if I can figure it out
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    That's what I remember reading before and I told ron the same thing as well. Cuz it is legal to have only quad lights but imagine having quad plus 2 on the fogs plus the flood lights all at once that's way too many lights. But the question is how is it wired to the turn signal without blinking. I have to search for that and see if I can figure it out
    ASTIG figured it out w/ some relays and capacitors... yo ASTIG chime in! basically the way it works is the outside turning light turns on then turns off a few seconds after the signal stops blinking, the capacitors store the charge and keep the bulb on for a few seconds so they don't blink.

I wired my fogs the same way, I know what the ouside lights are for. Even if there was a way to make them only come on while turning and then go off, I would still have them as my parking lights because that is the way I want and like them. Just like I know that Vr4 heads in Japan or whatever, all 4 beams should stay on when the brights are on, again, I dont want them that way. I dont understand why you guys try to make it seem that it's the only way and how it should be?

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast