The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galante's 8g Build

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Showing results 81 to 100 of 559
    some people are pureist... theylike it to be correct 100% and others like to make it their own... either way is right.... depends on who you ask.. lol... in my opinion i like how raz and galante have it wired up... two reasons, looks nice and they other way seems like a pain in the ass.... Shit usually what looks nice is a pain, in this case you take the easy way out and it looks better imo
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    I wired my fogs the same way, I know what the ouside lights are for. Even if there was a way to make them only come on while turning and then go off, I would still have them as my parking lights because that is the way I want and like them. Just like I know that Vr4 heads in Japan or whatever, all 4 beams should stay on when the brights are on, again, I dont want them that way. I dont understand why you guys try to make it seem that it's the only way and how it should be?
    well it's just the way they were intended to be... designed by the mitsu engineers. you can do whatever you want, it's your car... i'm just pointing out the way it was made to be, and how to use them for their intended purpose. if you really want to, you can wire them so that the fogs are the headlights and the high beams are fogs and the low beams are strobes... doesn't matter to me... but the housings and reflectors themselves are made to work a certain way, and to make the conversion "complete", the funtionality should be as was meant from factory on the original example. actually the wiring to do this takes only marginally more effort. but it doesn't hurt me that you have four parking lights at the front of your car, you can have 10 if you like (of course it's your car)... again, i'm just pointing out the way it was meant to be. don't feel bad, 99% of the JDM conversions done are wired "incorrectly", so you're definately not alone. there are however, a few of us that have paid special attention to details through research and application... the results speak for themselves. really, mine isn't even a purist JDM conversion since i have no amber in front until i signal or throw on the hazards (i have clear corners and my corners alternate color from white parking light to amber when i signal). again, any of the bulbs can be wired as horns or squirtguns if that's what somebody wants to do... but they would not be performing as intended, legality aside, since the conversion is essentially illegal in the US as none of the JDM lighting is even DOT compliant.

Quote Originally Posted by guynlidia2006 View Post
    some people are pureist... theylike it to be correct 100% and others like to make it their own... either way is right.... depends on who you ask.. lol... in my opinion i like how raz and galante have it wired up... two reasons, looks nice and they other way seems like a pain in the ass.... Shit usually what looks nice is a pain, in this case you take the easy way out and it looks better imo
    u hit it on the nose... correct is not always easy (it's almost always harder). personally, i don't bother doing something unless i'm going to do it right. hard work does not bother me, and there's no arguing w/ success. it all depends i guess on your own personal standards of quality...

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    well it's just the way they were intended to be... designed by the mitsu engineers. you can do whatever you want, it's your car... i'm just pointing out the way it was made to be, and how to use them for their intended purpose. if you really want to, you can wire them so that the fogs are the headlights and the high beams are fogs and the low beams are strobes... doesn't matter to me... but the housings and reflectors themselves are made to work a certain way, and to make the conversion "complete", the funtionality should be as was meant from factory on the original example. actually the wiring to do this takes only marginally more effort. but it doesn't hurt me that you have four parking lights at the front of your car, you can have 10 if you like (of course it's your car)... again, i'm just pointing out the way it was meant to be. don't feel bad, 99% of the JDM conversions done are wired "incorrectly", so you're definately not alone. there are however, a few of us that have paid special attention to details through research and application... the results speak for themselves. really, mine isn't even a purist JDM conversion since i have no amber in front until i signal or throw on the hazards (i have clear corners and my corners alternate color from white parking light to amber when i signal). again, any of the bulbs can be wired as horns or squirtguns if that's what somebody wants to do... but they would not be performing as intended, legality aside, since the conversion is essentially illegal in the US as none of the JDM lighting is even DOT compliant.

I had no idea that there was a JDM conversion done incorrectly but ok. I personally don't give a crap how they have it in japan or anywhere else. I also don't care how it's supposed to be. I pay a lot attention to detail, that is why my conversions have come out great, flush headlight etc. This has nothing to do with paying attention to detail but personal taste. There are people that have old style grill with new style bumper and vice verse, why?? you think is because they didn't do their homework or know bettere?? No! it's because it's a personal choice. I build my cars for myself an I care less how they are supposed to be, that is why I don't run around the country showing them off because to some, like myself this is simply just a hobby that doesn't require praising.
    I understand what you are saying but just came across like this is how it should be and it's not. Just like people that make their fogs come on with their parking lights, mitsubishi didn't intended for them to be that way but that is why is custom and I personally like to be a litle diffrent and not do everything the same.
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 08-27-2008 at 08:11 PM

u hit it on the nose... correct is not always easy (it's almost always harder). personally, i don't bother doing something unless i'm going to do it right. hard work does not bother me, and there's no arguing w/ success. it all depends i guess on your own personal standards of quality...
    SO you are saying that I didn't do my headlight like yours because Im not a hard worker?? So unless I do my car like yours then it's not quality?? That is the dumbest thingI have ever heard dude. Who says that your way is the right way?

slow down buddy, u are taking it wrong. what i am saying is it takes more effort to do it the way it was meant to be; you cannot deny that. that is what i am referring to in attention to detail... just like a car restorer would pay attention to detail and build it the way it was meant to be. i also stated that you can do whatever you want to your car... that is called customizing and we all take part in that. your motivation may be to do it your own way. that is totally fine. but w/o sharing the information on how it was meant to be, how would anybody know? who ever told you you did not work hard or that you are wrong? i think you are reading too much between the lines here; reread my posts, i stated that you can do whatever you want. hell, you could convert the front end to a whole 'nother car if you want... but there would still be a way that the lights were intended to work even on that conversion. our points are not mutually exclusive, right?

slow down buddy, u are taking it wrong. what i am saying is it takes more effort to do it the way it was meant to be; you cannot deny that. that is what i am referring to in attention to detail... just like a car restorer would pay attention to detail and build it the way it was meant to be. i also stated that you can do whatever you want to your car... that is called customizing and we all take part in that. your motivation may be to do it your own way. that is totally fine. but w/o sharing the information on how it was meant to be, how would anybody know? who ever told you you did not work hard or that you are wrong? i think you are reading too much between the lines here; reread my posts, i stated that you can do whatever you want. hell, you could convert the front end to a whole 'nother car if you want... but there would still be a way that the lights were intended to work even on that conversion. our points are not mutually exclusive, right?
    OK, that's better and I agree 100% with you.

Wow. I see some steam coming out of all your heads. Youre both right. Reelax is correct at the fact that if you a true jdm purist, then everything should be done exactly how Mitsu of Japan released their car. Hell Ive seen guys switch out all their windows to JDM made windows, to jdm factory radio, firewall etc... just to keep things to "JDM spec". Raz you know how california is (you lived here), most jdm heads here will judge you if something is out of place. The majority of us just want the Jdm conversion look and customize from there. Both of you guys do great work, theres no doubt about that from all the praise you guys get in this forum. Hell my conversion is mismatched with zenki and kouki parts. It all comes down to the owner of the car. if youre gonna be a jdm purist, then you have to follow the supposed rules, especially when putting your car in show for best jdm mitsu or best overall jdm conversion. you wont win best jdm if the little details are overlooked.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

nvm, you both agree now...i guess i type too slow
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

Quote Originally Posted by dronesurfboards View Post
    Wow. I see some steam coming out of all your heads. Youre both right. Reelax is correct at the fact that if you a true jdm purist, then everything should be done exactly how Mitsu of Japan released their car. Hell Ive seen guys switch out all their windows to JDM made windows, to jdm factory radio, firewall etc... just to keep things to "JDM spec". Raz you know how california is (you lived here), most jdm heads here will judge you if something is out of place. The majority of us just want the Jdm conversion look and customize from there. Both of you guys do great work, theres no doubt about that from all the praise you guys get in this forum. Hell my conversion is mismatched with zenki and kouki parts. It all comes down to the owner of the car. if youre gonna be a jdm purist, then you have to follow the supposed rules, especially when putting your car in show for best jdm mitsu or best overall jdm conversion. you wont win best jdm if the little details are overlooked.

I agree with you 100% also. He just came across that that's how it should be, man law.. I agree with both of you fuckers. I know how it's in Cali. I don't show my cars so I don't care if it's 100% accurate. I just don't like FG parts so I prefer a nice upgrade with factory parts.

It's good to know how the fogs are meant to be how they are designed to work. Personally I wired them that way because that's how I want them and it appears cool and different. I only would want to pay attention to detail of the front conversion on how they are flushed/aligned but not really on how to wire the lights to work from factory.

Anyhow, you all made your points and I agree w/ them. Now I hope to recieve the rest of the stuff to complete this conversion.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Galante; 08-27-2008 at 08:39 PM
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

yeah guys... nobody has to justify (to me or anyone) why they do what they do to their cars. in the end we are all just having fun. all i am doing is sharing w/ u guys what i have learned from doing all the research i have done. remember that i was one of the pioneers of the JDM headlight conversion in the US on the 8G (it's hard to say i was first since there might have been somebody off the boards to do it before me... but i was the first on TGC), and nobody here in the US could help me, so i learned from talking to members abroad and getting pictures from them of stock mounting and wiring and how they are supposed to function. i wrote the JDM headlight tutorial to ensure you guys have success w/ the conversion instead of going into it blind and having to go through all the metal cutting/fitting trial and error like i did. in fact the first full front end conversion using the '98+JDM VR-4/Viento parts (like what is in this thread) was completed w/ my assistance via PM's and phone calls (he had to pay over $3000 in parts back then, so consider urselves lucky). it really comes down to personal taste... when i resolved to finally finish my car, i made the decision to go top shelf, JDM, and retire it from daily driver duties; i know this is not an option for everybody, but that's what i wanted to do. i didn't do any of this for recognition, i mean after all is said and done, it's still only a galant and the recognition i could receive is limited to only a small specialized segment of the car population... if i wanted recognition i would have worked on somthing more prestigious or mainstream. but funny you guys mention showing it, as my car has only been entered in 1 "contest" and the result was it won best in show ("best execution" MOD06)... the judges were the senior design staff engineers for Mitsubishi Motors North America, Research and Development (MRDA - the guys who design mitsubishi's concept cars, prototypes, and production models), out of a field of around 1000 mitsubishis ranging from mild to wild. i am NOT better than any of you guys... don't misunderstand. i'm just sharing that this is what i know, and this is what i've done. use the information to make your car what you want it to be!
    Last edited by Reelax; 08-28-2008 at 02:21 AM

u could even wire them up as drls lol

The jdm mirrors came today..

During install..

Looks good but now you have to move the steering wheel over to the other sideand get that AWD conversion so you can be true JDM yo!..JK

That's on my wish list ;)

Btw, thanks for the TGC tutorial section for the 8g. I was able to do the conversion. :smt051

Pic of her from a parking lot.. It'll get painted on 6th of Sept..

Car looks great man, I'll be doing the same eventually, except it'll be old style front end.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

u need to do the one thing that i havent gotten to yet, take a heat gun and hit the bottom of the bumper where it bows down from it being folding, if u look at my signature and the last pic u posted u will notice it

looks nice otherwise

edit: now that i look at ray's signature i notice his is the same way too, is it suppose to hang like that ?? it bothers me everytime i looked at mine
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast