The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: P0304 Cylinder 4 misfire

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

P0304 Cylinder 4 misfire

Driving fine in the highway this morning. all of a sudden the car starts bogging and some loss of power. After work i went to Autozone to have the code checked and P0304 came up. I opened the hood and saw that the cap popped off the sparkplug of cylinder 4 and popped it back on. The guy at autozone did not reset the SES light. Will the SES light go off by itself as long as the problem is corrected?
    Last edited by nygalant2001; 08-11-2008 at 08:06 PM
    2001 Galant ES V6

That is a good question. I know dodge does reset by itsself. So maybe since the two companys were kind of related (mercedes owed both mitsu and chrysler at one point.) very possible ours are the same. This is something i would like to know myself
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

if you're really that concerned its quicker to just disconnect the battery for a quick second than it is to think all of this through and type this post.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Well, typically a misfire is a 'hard' code and the only ways to eliminate it is either with a scan tool, or doing what Pinoy says, and disconnect the battery for about 10 minutes. Don't forget though our cars have a radio code and if you try the battery disconnect method you will need that to input in to the radio to unlock it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Well, typically a misfire is a 'hard' code and the only ways to eliminate it is either with a scan tool, or doing what Pinoy says, and disconnect the battery for about 10 minutes. Don't forget though our cars have a radio code and if you try the battery disconnect method you will need that to input in to the radio to unlock it.

That's weird because on 02 I disconnected that battery so many times and the radio never asked for a code.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    That's weird because on 02 I disconnected that battery so many times and the radio never asked for a code.
    I've heard people talking about that. On my 02 when I had the infinity hu and disconnected the battery, I never needed a code either.

On my 2003 ......had my battery disconnected for 2 days,,,hooked it back up and the radio came right on,,,,all I lost were my presets.
    Last edited by boochieboy; 09-05-2008 at 07:05 PM

x2
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

2001 and I've done that a lot too and never asked for a code. I had both the 2001 tape player, and a 2002 cd player. I have a sony one now so I doubt that would ask me for one but it hasn;t either.

as far as i have seen it only asks for a code if the main harness was disconnected from behind the radio

i just got this code...and now for some reason my car wont even crank at all....its dead..any ideas?...

I got a similar code on Friday with the Cylinder 1, and it was a bad spark plug. Check your spark plugs and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Censee View Post
    i just got this code...and now for some reason my car wont even crank at all....its dead..any ideas?...
    i just threw this code last week.. my car lost power and after i parked it it didnt crank the next day.. my plug wire was cracked when i checked and i replaced all spark plugs and wires since i havent done it in forever.. i'm sure its the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by 864Galant View Post
    i just threw this code last week.. my car lost power and after i parked it it didnt crank the next day.. my plug wire was cracked when i checked and i replaced all spark plugs and wires since i havent done it in forever.. i'm sure its the same problem
    yea thats what happened to me...ill check out the plug wires today or soemtuime this week ,tyhanks..........was it tha actual cylinder 4 plug? or anotehr one