The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Bumper idea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23

Bumper idea

I was wondering...and I cant seem to find if anyone has done this. Are there any pics of the 97-98 bumper modifed to the 94-96 t bar. So basically can you take the 97 bumper...cut the wimpy looking grills that are attached, and use the 96 t-bar and grills. Anyone get what I am saying. Can someone maybe photoshop it?

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

YoOoO didn't I tell you its been done before?!?

Lost the pic tho. :neutral:

what i have seen done is use the 97 bumper and t bar but basically hollow out the grill area

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You mean some like this

God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

^^^Thats close...but not quite what I was going for. So the T bar on the 96 sits differently....a little further back. It is a separate piece from the bumper. I want to cut the entire t-br off of a 97 and use the one from a 96

I know exactly what your talkin about but the 97-98 bumpers dont have a t-bar..its the bumper and then its just a header panel they are not connected..you can take the 97-98 header panel off replace it with the 95-96 t-bar then cut out the grill area of the 97-98 like the pic above...thats what your talkin about..the only problem with this conversion is the short neck of the t-bar from the 95-96 bumper where is has the diamond logo on it...its too short and u will have a gap between the neck and the bumper..some customizing has to go into effect to make the end of the neck meet with the bumper

^^^I guess that depends on where you cut the other grill off. But it might be something I am interested in doing....hmm....

Here lets see if this helps you:

After you get the 98 bumper looking like this:
    [/QUOTE]

So now the 95-96 bumper has two things to make up for the bumper...you have the tbar which is piece one then you have the bumper itself which is piece 2..there is no cutting on that bumper...so what you need from the 95-96 is the t-bar and that will not fit i presume..someone correct this or if our fellow photoshop pros can PS the t-bar into the 98s front bumper in the pic above mayb this helps

i'm sure the original poster is crystal clear that the parts do not line up perfectly on between the A and the B.
    I think what he is looking to do(through some customer fabrication/fiberglassing)
    is combine the 94 tbar with a 98 front bumper, and still keep that divided nose mitsubishi galant look.
    if i photochopped i could do this pretty easy, i've visualized it before, but never seemed to be the route i wanted to go.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Werd Stunr! I know it would take a little fab work...but realistically not much. If you cut in the right spot...sand it down to a smooth finish, and repaint it, it should look like it came from the factory like that. Might be do- able..I will look into this

Sick looking front end

So I already have the 98 bumper on my 95 G and I still have the original 94-96 t-bar, how hard is it to cut the tbar and bumper to look as good as the green galant? Am i better off taking it to a body shop or attempting myself? :smt028
    KYB Adjustable Shocks & Struts
    Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
    NGK Plugs & Wires
    Proline 240 amp alternator
    Short Shifter 5spd
    Excedy Organic Stage 2 Racing Clutch
    Huge SunRoof Installed
    Drag DR-8 Black/Chrome 17x7 Rims
    VR4 Headlights & Taillights

Quote Originally Posted by Jaygza01 View Post
    So I already have the 98 bumper on my 95 G and I still have the original 94-96 t-bar, how hard is it to cut the tbar and bumper to look as good as the green galant? Am i better off taking it to a body shop or attempting myself? :smt028
    just so you know the green galant is not a 95-96 bumper its the 97-98 bumper with the grille area cut out...the 97-98 bumper does not have a t-bar it has a header panel..the 97-98 is one bumper the 95-96 bumper is two things the t-bar then connect with the bumper...

ya i know its 2 different bumpers, i already have the 97-98 bumper w/ header panel on my 95 g and i still have the 95 t-bar laying around, im asking how hard is it to do this...and is this already done of is that a photoshopped pic?
    KYB Adjustable Shocks & Struts
    Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
    NGK Plugs & Wires
    Proline 240 amp alternator
    Short Shifter 5spd
    Excedy Organic Stage 2 Racing Clutch
    Huge SunRoof Installed
    Drag DR-8 Black/Chrome 17x7 Rims
    VR4 Headlights & Taillights

how much would modifying that bumper run?

How about this? The center grill was cut out, and welded with plastic.
    Last edited by Dragon-and-his-mitsubishi; 12-12-2008 at 08:44 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon-and-his-mitsubishi View Post
    How about this? The center grill was cut out, and welded with plastic.
    Thats a Diamond edition JDM bumper.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Here in Europe it is used on 2.5v6 AWD Galant.. Only a few peices are here.

a couple of members here have that bumper, including Seth, njjfudge, Kolio and a couple more I'm sure.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

from what i know these people have it

krazienluv10
    seth98est
    Dohcstunr
    kolio(me)
    Joltova
    njjfudge
    some guy in newyork ( bought it from sleepervr4)

not too many people have it.
    Last edited by kolio; 09-11-2008 at 12:12 PM

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

yeah its a D.E. bumper.
    ut it appears to have been modified in that picture. its hard to notice because of the massive euro tags,
    but i don't see any cross beams in the front airdam
    looks like its wide open and the holes that would be on the sides from removing the bars, have been shaved.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast