The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: No sounds HELP!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 34

No sounds HELP!!!

I pulled my Pioneer HU out a couple of months ago and installed the factory head unit. Reason being I was planning on getting rid of all of my car stereo stuff. I decided to keep it and plugged the Pioneer HU back in. Now the unit gets power and turns on fine. The problem is when I turn on the HU I just hear a pop out of the front passenger side speaker, but that all. Absolutely no sound from music. All I hear is that one pop. I removed all of my amps and have put the car back to the factory sound system. The only custom thing is the HU. Does this sound like the eternal amp in the HU is blown? I checked the back of the HU and the little fuse is not blown. When I plug the factory unit back in everything is fine.
    "A mile of road takes you one mile...A mile of runway takes you anywhere."

I just thought about something. The entire time I have had the Pioneer HU it has been hooked up to an amp. Could the internal amp in the HU be bad, but it just didn't matter before because the sound was going through an external amp? Could removing the external amp in my trunk force the sound to go through the amp inside the HU?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    If you have the infinity sound system in your car you need a MITAH adapter to have an aftermarket stereo work with your stock amp. Unless you ran wires from the HU to the stock amp under the pass seat..

Nope I don't have the Infinity sound system. I will clarify. When the Pioneer HU was originally working it was hooked up the a 4 ch Pioneer amp in the trunk. I was also running a Rockford Fosgate Amp with a sub too. Now I switched everything back to stock except for the Pioneer HU and it wont work. It powers on, but no sound. When I install the factory HU it works fine.
    Last edited by UAL Tripple 7; 08-12-2008 at 09:09 PM

is the head unit setup to use the internal amp? i know with my alpine i can turn that badboy off and use an external one if i wanted to.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Its entirely possible that the headunit internal amp is no good, or that the function (if it has it, but doubtful on Pioneers) is turned off. You may want to make sure you have the harness hooked up properly, match wires for wires. Did you use a wire harness or try to hardwire the pioneer radio back into the car?

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UAL Tripple 7 View Post
    Could removing the external amp in my trunk force the sound to go through the amp inside the HU?
    well how else are you going to get the sound from the HU? and no, by having an external amp will not cause the internal amp to go bad.

did you remember to connect all the speaker wires correctly?

it sounds like either the wrong wires are connected somewhere and/or the HU has gone bad.

I used the same wire harness I used the first time I had it installed. The wiring is good. I didn't change anything as far as the wiring goes. I'm not sure if I have a way to turn the internal amp off. I have never seen that in the options menu.

I used the same wire harness I used the first time I had it installed. The wiring is good. I didn't change anything as far as the wiring goes. I'm not sure if I have a way to turn the internal amp off. I have never seen that in the options menu.
    if you didn't change the wiring from when the amps were connected, then is your speaker wires connected?

Yeah the speaker wires are connected. I switched them back the the factory setup.

The system works just fine with the factory HU installed, but as soon as I switch to the Pioneer HU I get a loud pop when I power it on and no sound.

The system works just fine with the factory HU installed, but as soon as I switch to the Pioneer HU I get a loud pop when I power it on and no sound.
    yes you have said that about a dozen times now.

a) something is wrong with the wiring (bad pins, wires shorting out, wire getting crossed, bad harness, etc) because you don't use the same harness for your factory as you do your A/M HU
    b) something is wrong with the head unit

I said it again because after I said it a dozen times you asked if I had the speaker wires connected. The speakers are connected or they wouldn't play with the stock HU. The harness is in good shape. I am almost certain it is a problem with the HU. From what I have read on the net, the Pioneer HU has an internal ground fuse that may have blown.

I said it again because after I said it a dozen times you asked if I had the speaker wires connected. The speakers are connected or they wouldn't play with the stock HU. The harness is in good shape. I am almost certain it is a problem with the HU. From what I have read on the net, the Pioneer HU has an internal ground fuse that may have blown.
    if the speakers are connected doesn't mean shit if it is playing with the stock HU. I am talking about the speaker connection in the harness(es) between the factory plug and the deck. so my statements still stand.

do you have a tone generator at all?

Of course the speakers are connected in the harness. As I said before the harness is the same as when it was pulled. They are all still connected. No tone generator.

From what I read, along with the ground fuse blowing inside the Pioneer HU the internal amp often fails too. I know the ground fuse is blown because I had to do the ground wire around the rca plugs to eliminate the buzzing sound I got when I had my amps in the car. I also just read that when the internal amp blows you will get a popping noise when you turn the HU on. that is exactly what is happening.

From what I read, along with the ground fuse blowing inside the Pioneer HU the internal amp often fails too. I know the ground fuse is blown because I had to do the ground wire around the rca plugs to eliminate the buzzing sound I got when I had my amps in the car. I also just read that when the internal amp blows you will get a popping noise when you turn the HU on. that is exactly what is happening.
    i think the internal amp got blown from putting the ground around the rca's

Well that is how it worked for 2 years. Its also the most common solution to the ground loop problem. You could be right though. t lasted like that for 2 years, but you never know. Looks like I will install my Alpine HU tomorrow.

Of course the speakers are connected in the harness. As I said before the harness is the same as when it was pulled. They are all still connected. No tone generator.
    did you have the speaker wires from the amp running to the speakers directly or to the harness?

Well that is how it worked for 2 years. Its also the most common solution to the ground loop problem. You could be right though. t lasted like that for 2 years, but you never know. Looks like I will install my Alpine HU tomorrow.
    if that doesn't work then it's a wiring issue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast