The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: No sounds HELP!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 34 of 34
    Thanks for the help and the time bro. I hope I get it worked out soon. I am tired of the factory HU!
    "A mile of road takes you one mile...A mile of runway takes you anywhere."

your speaker wire is ground out aka pinched some where. The pioneer went it to protect so it dont fry its self.fix the ground wire it will work fine.

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    that doesn't make sense with the factory wiring plus the 2 A/M harnesses. there isn't a way for it to get pinched.

Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe View Post
    that doesn't make sense with the factory wiring plus the 2 A/M harnesses. there isn't a way for it to get pinched.
    pinching the wire when screwing in the new speaker, speaker leds tuching metal .

Quote Originally Posted by a023785 View Post
    pinching the wire when screwing in the new speaker, speaker leds tuching metal .
    and i doubt either of those is happening

sorry I only installed for 15 years. with being mecp certified.theres to thing that makes radios go in to protect speaker wires touching metal or blowen speakers.

oh wow, i'm mecp certified too and i don't think he's that stupid to not notice that.

edit: and if there was a wire pinched or what not, i think that would also affect the stock deck, which it isn't.
    Last edited by fliegendaffe; 08-13-2008 at 10:59 AM

stock decks will play with grounded out speaker wires and blowen speakers

well he is hooking up his alpine so we'll see what's going on.

cool, Im just trying to help with what I know

Thanks guys. I hooked up my old Alpine deck and it works no problems. I tried the Pioneer again and the problem persist. I picked up a new wire harness this morning for the Pioneer deck just to see if that was the problem. Even with the new harness the deck still has the same problem.

glad to hear it works with the alpine but sorry to hear that something is wrong with the pioneer.

Ok i know its been a while, but I have one more question dealing with this issue. From what I have been researching about my problem with my HU it looks like it could be that the internal amp in my HU is blown. This might sound like a silly question, but can a HU still work if the internal amp is blown as long as it is hooked up to an external amp? I guess what I am asking is can I by pass the internal amp if I have the head unit hooked up to an external amp?

It should still work in theory, if the outputs are still good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12