The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The Perfect Suspension Setup? Lowered but Not Harsh!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    the s-techs were a very nice ride when i had them, i would advise them and some agx's for a simple drop...i thought the pro kit was a bit stiffer

Quote Originally Posted by unlimited6986 View Post
    Does the galant have the h-techs out yet? If so those are really good (for my legacy they were). Not a crazy drop like the s-techs and are more comfortable then the s-techs. Plus they wont blow your shocks after a yr.
    crazy drop? i still have wheel gap.

yes u can get h.techs for the eclipse.
    id go with the pro kit

if u really want a soft but bouncy ride keep your stock shocks on with them blown but its not a good idea to do that
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Thanks guys!

So I've pretty much decided that I"m going to go with KYB-AGX and Eibach Pro-Kit. Now the question is:

Should I get the one for the Galant? or the one for the Eclipse 3g? I know the Eclipse one will fit, and I want the font to be lowered at least 1.5", but how much will the ride quality be affected?

I don't think anyone has really been able to make a true assessment as to what the differences would be using 3G Eclipse springs. As far as I'm concerned, there shouldn't be any differences. The differences would be between the V6 and I4 as far as the front drop is concerned because the V6 will drop more due to the weight. Otherwise, the 3G Eclipses and 8G Galants weigh about the same when comparing V6 to V6 and I4 to I4... about 100 lbs. difference with the Eclipse models being lighter. So, if anything, you might actually get a tad bit more of a drop with Eclipse springs than what it says, but I doubt the difference would be noticeable.

As far as the Pro-Kit goes, for the Galant, it's listed as V6 even though it fits the I4, so if you put them on an I4 expect the front drop to be a little less than 1.2"... probably more like 1". For the Eclipse, it also says V6, but you'd be putting them on an I4 Galant. With it being an I4, you might get a slight less of a drop up front due to the engine weight, but since the I4 Galant weighs more than a I4 Eclipse yet not as much as the V6 Eclipse, it might drop about the same. It's really hard to say. Regardless, there shouldn't be any problems using the Eclipse springs, but with the kind of drop the Eclipse Pro-Kit provides, I'd go with KYB AGX struts/shocks.

I'm running the Eclipse pro kit, with a great drop, and I had tokico stock replacement shocks in. These just blew after two years. I have a set of KYB AGX in the mail. I'd go with the Eibachs cuz they have progressive spring rates, i've used eibachs on both my cars. Plus the AGX are adjustable. If you need pictures of the drop with 17 inch wheels, I can post some up.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Thanks for the explanation Danger DANJ.

Greddy, how much drop did you get? front and rear?
    How would you rate the ride compared to stock/s-tech?
    Did you need a camber kit?

I would appreciate if you could post before and after pics :)

I got the ingalls camber kit front and rear. My friend had a galant with stock struts and shocks with S-techs, and the ride was so bouncy and terrible because the stock stuff is not up the task. I don't know if I have before pics, but I will try to find some. I'm also running a slightly taller tire than recommended on the 17 inch wheels, simply because they came with the wheels when I bought them and have good tread, but once I get my evo wheels on I will have the proper tire height.

Here are some after drop pictures, you can compare them to your car I guess

OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12