The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Siren Power Question

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Siren Power Question

I just got my hands on a siren to put in my car, and it is working alright. My car chirps now when I lock/unlock/start it with the key fob. My issue is that it is not very loud at all. The power output rating on my alarm for the wire is 400mA. That isn't very much is it?

So, the question:

If I hooked it up to a relay so it got however much power it could want from the battery instead of just the 400mA, would it be louder?

find the max rating on it
    then use the relay and wires with a resistor, so you dont blow it.

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    there also might be a wire on it that need to be cut. it would look like a loop. basically what that is, is a silencer wire which doesn't make the siren as loud. i'll take a pic of one at work tomorrow.

I think the siren is fairly cheap. I ripped it out of a car at work. The guy wanted the alarm gone out of the car, he didn't want it anymore because it was pissing him off.

It was part of an Astra 777 I think...

Quote Originally Posted by lavie2k9 View Post
    I think the siren is fairly cheap. I ripped it out of a car at work. The guy wanted the alarm gone out of the car, he didn't want it anymore because it was pissing him off.

It was part of an Astra 777 I think...

haha nice free parts ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by lavie2k9 View Post
    So, the question:

If I hooked it up to a relay so it got however much power it could want from the battery instead of just the 400mA, would it be louder?
    easy way to test that. the siren has 2 wires and is 12v more than likely. hook it up to a direct 12v source, like the battery and ask yourself if it is loud.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    i have a siren at work in my tool box that i got off an alarm install. it's never been used and i know it has this wire and is loud as hell when this wire is cut.