The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need some opinions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 25
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar

Need some opinions

Im debating whether to run a catless 3"turbo back or should i run a high flow cat and do a 3" cat back.. and ideas or other combos are welcome.. im looking for a nice deep tone so any help is much appreciated
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

dont do it till you have a turbo on your car. im running catless with 2.5" turbo exhaust stainless all the way back and i will tell you first hand that you loose all bottom end when you have catless. my car is shit from a dig, and will only really pull from like 4 grand on. and by pull i mean it goes a lil faster.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    High flow cat. Catless is pointless and illegal.

Magnaflow high flow cat converter, or you can just keep you stock cat and get an electric cutout right before it, they are easy to install, and sound badass.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

yea not to mention my car sounds like farts.

1996 galant s

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    dont do it till you have a turbo on your car. im running catless with 2.5" turbo exhaust stainless all the way back and i will tell you first hand that you loose all bottom end when you have catless. my car is shit from a dig, and will only really pull from like 4 grand on. and by pull i mean it goes a lil faster.
    I'm willing to bank that you have exhaust leaks if this is the case for you.
    It should feel significantly faster, and you really shouldn't feel a difference in bottom end, cat or no cat.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    It should feel significantly faster, and you really shouldn't feel a difference in bottom end, cat or no cat.
    ^^ Exactly what happened to me when I finally got a 3" exhaust with high flow cat....

Car is sold, no more G.... Moved on to something a big more sporty.... lol

im probably going to go with a 3" all the way back and have a cat.. now what options do i have for a resonator so i can keep a deeper tone as i hate ricy sounds
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Just go to a muffler shop and have them make you a 3 inch catback, and have them test resonators once you've picked the muffler of your choice, resonators come in lots of sizes, so once you picked the muffler you want, you can tweek from there.

yea i have 2 shops im talking 2.. the one that did my current 1 and 1 that is helping me with all the turbo shit.. both are good and i will test out everything i just wanted an idea before i picked an exhaust and got some rice shit
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Here's a hint ... why don't you ACTUALLY go research instead of asking questions on a forum where 95% of the people have no firsthand knowledge of anything you're asking and are only speaking from hearsay.

222whp/250wtq

well i know many of you have turbo setups and i knw what some r running like stunr and 4grim and i have reasearched and was just looking for a few suggestions if there were any... i hate when ppl yell at ppl who have actually done their research.. its insulting and uncalled for

edit: laxin u have a turbo exhaust setup and could have been useful but u spew some bullshit instead of being helpful.. i dont c y.. this was for opinions as i put 2 possibilities out there which means i did my research
    Last edited by Galanttuner10; 12-19-2008 at 06:51 PM
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

back on topic or i'm closing this.

As far as resonators go.
    I have a 3" i.d. 36" long 7" outer diameter magnaflow muffler as a resonator.
    it quieted things down dramatically even on my big exhaust.

If you want a muffler that sounds fantastic, and is relatively quiet(compared to your typical round n1-ish can) get an Apexi ws2 muffler.
    Costs a little more but a dollar well spent.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/a...-on_123992.htm
    If it can make a civic sound this quiet and that good. Imagine what it would sound like on a real motor.
    Last edited by DOHCstunr; 12-19-2008 at 11:30 PM

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

wow a decent sounding civic lol
    i was looking into apexi or hks already and after hearing that ill have to look into the apexis more seriously.. and thanks for the info on your resonator and u have a vrs exhaust if i remember correctly and it does sound very nice.. i want almost as deep as kevs car and i know he has 2 resonators but i want 1 good 1 on mine
    thanks again for the info man
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    no leaks here lol.

1996 galant s

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    im probably going to go with a 3" all the way back and have a cat.. now what options do i have for a resonator so i can keep a deeper tone as i hate ricy sounds
    it will be raspy as shit with out a resonator.

1996 galant s

2014 Lancer Evo GSR

2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Greddy Ti-C ftw, my buddy has it on his GSX, it's sounds fantastic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast