The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Well, The G Sets at Aamco

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 24 of 24
    You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mapid145 View Post
    hmm.. so flushing a tranny good or bad..and also.. you only need to change the oil when its kinda burning smell and sorta brown right??.. if its pink and purple.. its good to go??
    You want to try and catch it before it gets to that state.

a tranny flush is prevenative maintenance . You should do it before it has a burned smell. It prevents a problem from happening, but generally if a problem is already there then your fucked and it will make it worse. I flush mine every 2 years or 30k. In my line of work i have seen first hand what neglect will do. But FYI, a flush does not fix a problem, only makes it worse. Flush while everything is still good to keep it good.
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    Reason I dont like that techique is because when the fluid leaves the transmission pump it passes to two different pressure regulators. One regulator supplies fluid at one pressure to the transmission itself that operates the pistons and controls gear shifting. The other is supplies the torque converter and the transmission cooler. So you can see that all the fluid leaving the pump does not go to the cooler. A bunch of it is cycled through the transmission and dumped back to the pan without going through the cooler. This type of flush machine does not remove all the old fluid, but it continuously dilutes it down with new fluid. It never really removes all of the old fluid, but is far superior to just drain and fill.
    x2

as an x tune up tech and personally doing tranny flush my self i would never never suggest anyone to do it its even worse to do it if u have no tranny problems cause personally the chemicals that r used to flush trammys r just really harsh
    i would say about 90% of the people that did a tranny flush came back 1 or 2 months later on a tow truck and tranny all f up i was a tune up tech in 03-04 and the cars that were coming in were 2000-04 in most cases with very low miles im talking belowe 30k
    Last edited by jimmy_o2; 08-19-2008 at 09:28 PM
    03 I4

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guynlidia2006 View Post
    a tranny flush is prevenative maintenance . You should do it before it has a burned smell. It prevents a problem from happening, but generally if a problem is already there then your fucked and it will make it worse. I flush mine every 2 years or 30k. In my line of work i have seen first hand what neglect will do. But FYI, a flush does not fix a problem, only makes it worse. Flush while everything is still good to keep it good.
    then u better start saving up for a tranny cause those chemicals r gonna fry urs up
    03 I4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12