The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: VIP Galant?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23

VIP Galant?

i was tell my brother EATSLEEPJDM to turn the 7G into a vip car. a couple of my buddies think that it would be an awesome idea. it has the look. wut do u guys think?

7G giving to brother: EATSLEEPJDM
    Team ID08055-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWgDB7VGTv0

siniGANG represent!

eh. nah.

If you want to attempt on VIP styling the 7G isnt the model you should use. the body is too compact IMO

8G is perfect for VIP "Style"
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

well be putting a kit that would extend and widen the look. i wish a junction produce kit would fit. if we had diamante that would work a lil better. man but doing vip is gonna be money money. hey jigz wens the nxt meet?

7G giving to brother: EATSLEEPJDM
    Team ID08055-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWgDB7VGTv0

siniGANG represent!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    you should vip your evo! 19x11!

Quote Originally Posted by 9G View Post
    you should vip your evo! 19x11!
    That would definitely be something you don't see every day, but it would only be VIP style, not true VIP
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

vip on a 7g would look great... as long as its done right. diamante's are often made into vip :D

http://naughtynorth.forumwise.com - naughty north (Philippines)

Quote Originally Posted by trickytrick View Post
    well be putting a kit that would extend and widen the look. i wish a junction produce kit would fit. if we had diamante that would work a lil better. man but doing vip is gonna be money money. hey jigz wens the nxt meet?
    you know what Patrick, I'm not sure. I cant even make MOD cuz it's my girlfriends bday and her homecoming (shes a senior in High School) is on that day. i will talk to Dave and see if he wants to do like a meet for the end of the summer.

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

VIP style that 7G!
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

A VIP 7G would be dope!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    ya

I tried a lot of things and I don't think 7G is the candidate for it. First off the wheel size is very limited due to the very performance-oriented suspension geometry - 225/40/18 at 18x7 +35 is the best of the best you can do

and in VIP world that's hyper narrow and pffffft. Then there is the way the car looks, it's too 90s Camry with smooth flowing line with no "bones" under the skin make it look very "weak" compared to traditional VIP cars with a strong line flowing from headlight to tail light that's very straight and gives out a sense of "strength" and "presence".

the 8G will be very nice for VIP. the 7G wouldn't be. Find me a 7G VIP anywhere online to prove me wrong.

Also FWD VIP is just silly. I have 4WD and I still think it is a silly idea visually. Diamante has the right squarely looks to do the job. If you think of Diamante as a person it's like..... a manager at an office with great hopes and future, the Galant looks like a naughty boy just graduated and looking for a job still thinking "i want a fun job". Still a bit childish and hard to take it seriously.

That said, the V6 models idle smooth and if you got the package with leather the big loveseats in front and big couch aft are very very luxurious feeling, compared to cheaper leather material used in cars today. It just doesn't look the part on the outside.

7G doesn't look like it's seriously quick or luxurious but it is, that's why I love my car.
    Last edited by hk20000; 11-05-2008 at 12:17 AM

TGC Regular
    The style has been used before, I have seen a couple done here.

If you want to do it properly, you'll need to do a wide body kit, pump the guards out about 30mm front and rear, then you can put 235/35/18's if you so wish. There will be a lot, and I mean a lot of modification required.
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

go look at a 93-97 Camry and tell me again if "VIP" came to your mind.

if you can get that in your mind, then do it.

Quote Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
    go look at a 93-97 Camry and tell me again if "VIP" came to your mind.

if you can get that in your mind, then do it.
    the 7g body looks like a camry?

WANNA LOOK FRESH????
    GET SOME CLOTHES AT KARMALOOP.COM AND GET 20% ON FIRST PURCHASE WHEN USING REPCODE:KN21899

siniGANG represent!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    yeah, idk about the 7G as a platform for VIP style. not the 9G either. 8G is great for it imo
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

TGC Regular
    Hmmm.... I dunno bout that

The 8g lines are too sharp for the VIP true look, most VIP cars have the buff round shape to them. I'll admit there are a few really square looking VIP cars, but they don't suit the style as much imo
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

it can be done.

check out the lines of this and they are similar to a 7g. dont expect it to be cheap though.
    these mazdas have a good following in japan. fyi its a 929

eh.. IMO if I had a 7G it would be rocking 16's with some beefy tires with an almost perfect suspension and a 4G63T in it.

audio_uphoria
    hey viptint, nice pics. I can't seem to find good looking vip car pics when I do a search. Fucking baller, those cars have an attitude of their own. Hey tricky, if you guys decide vip start a build thread. Later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast