The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rough Idle 06 galant 2.4 40k miles

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    smonroe519

Rough Idle 06 galant 2.4 40k miles

Hey guys 1st of all a lot of you have some sweet Gs. Im a galant noob. Any way My G has all of a sudden started to idle kinda rough in park and on the brake. I have not done any mods to may car other than a new stereo system. I am just a little concerned about this. I think I may have also lost a little performance. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. if you need any info from me let me know.

isn't your car still under warranty??

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member
    Theres not much performance to lose with our cars.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Bring your car to the dealer and have them check what could be wrong with it.. It's pretty new and anything that could be damage should be covered by warranty.
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

If your stereo system is pretty power hungry, id check if your alternator is holding voltage. Not sure why its idling bad in park, maybe you got a bad IAC
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

smonroe519

ty

Thanks for the info guys. The Factory Warranty is up but i bought an extended warranty from the dealership when i got the car. And yes my stereo system is pretty power hungry, Everytime the bass hits HARD and I have it cranked the RPMs drop and lights dim.

I have ......
    pioneer deh-p4000ib
    Kicker zx-1000 MONO-block
    2 - Volfenhag 12" in sealed enclosure
    1- 1.5 Farad Cap

(SOUNDS GREAT) But it is like a vampire sucking the life from my car.

Have you done any highway driving since you installed the system?

I am sure they unhooked the battery, and in many cars, the idle has to be relearned. If it is just idling rough and not running rough, go get on the highway and drive it 55 mph solid for a good ten minutes. If that doesn't do it, then wait a couple days before you take it to a mechanic. I know my 8G does it if I ever unhook the battery for anything.

smonroe519
    I know that is not the issue. While I was visting family in ohio I had it all installed then drove back to Maryland. I have made that trip a lot since I bought the car.

have you hooked your car up to a computer? i had a rough idle, and my car was throwing codes......faulty o2 sensor