The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: best riding lowering springs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21

best riding lowering springs?

so what do you guys think that have em? ive got Intrax on mine now and feel i would like a little better riding spring...are eibachs any better riding? any other suggestions other than coilovers?
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

Try Tein S-Tech spring. I have them w/ KYB AGX struts and they ride smooth and soft.. imho
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

i might order some megan lowering springs tomorrow hopefully.but yea i decided to go with the megan lowering springs rather than the eibach or sprints.

WANNA LOOK FRESH????
    GET SOME CLOTHES AT KARMALOOP.COM AND GET 20% ON FIRST PURCHASE WHEN USING REPCODE:KN21899

siniGANG represent!

all the springs im seeing are for an 8g for tien and megan...mines a 7g
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    I have Megan Lowering Springs and they lower you more then Tein S-Techs but ride just as good for less.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g64terror View Post
    all the springs im seeing are for an 8g for tien and megan...mines a 7g
    I got Eibachs on my 7G. 2G eclipse and 7G galant suspension is pretty much the same. So you should search for 95-99 eclipse springs
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

i considered eibachs for it...when the Intrax springs were out back in the day the eibachs were the other choice and it seemed like they were supposed to have rode better...i just know that on semi-decent road imperfections sometimes the car hits with a pretty decent interior rattling thud and im getting sick of it...the GR2's on it are about 2 months old but the ride quality has been the same since i installed them new...think the megans or tiens will make a noticeable difference and do they make em for the 7g?
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

there are a couple on line companies tha sell 7g eibach pro kits, but they are around 230 - 260 bucks. 2g eclipse and 7g galant shocks and springs are similar, but not the same-the galant has wider bottm bed where the spring sits. But Id def go with eibach pro kit.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

yeah those eibachs are high...i wonder if they are WORTH the extra money...if the ride is close to or as good as OEM?
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

yes i have a 7g also.i found out that megan made lowering springs forthe 7g also.

these are what im going to get.

http://www.meganracing.com/products/...d=857&catid=47

WANNA LOOK FRESH????
    GET SOME CLOTHES AT KARMALOOP.COM AND GET 20% ON FIRST PURCHASE WHEN USING REPCODE:KN21899

siniGANG represent!

keep an eye on ebay, theres always lots of deals there. I got my pro kit never used for 2g GSX from a guy for $100. It was a hell of a deal for me. Also dsm trader, dsm tuners ads.

If my memory serves me well, there was a guy here JIP, and I was reading one of his old posts where He said he cut a coil off of the spirng and thr handling was fine and was lowered. you can look it up if you want to
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

i dont like how in the megan's description it puts parenthesis around "streetable" lmao
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

i love how smooth my eibachs are.

even when i hit a bump no rattles. mko has ridden in my car, he can tell you how somooth it is.

pro kit/gr-2's

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

are your pro-kits for a 2g eclipse? i dont see em for the 7g
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

Get the eibachs, great quality and best ride that I've seen so far.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by 4g64terror View Post
    are your pro-kits for a 2g eclipse? i dont see em for the 7g

mine are actually for the 7G

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    i know a place to get the pro kit for the 7g

http://www.andysautosport.com/mitsub...prings/eibach/

they r more expensive but there are the ones i plan to buy because everyones seems to agree the give a better ride
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

go for the eibachs...they are an excellent ride. When you are everyday driving they are very very civil. When you go carving the canyons, as long as you have good aftermarket shocks, they tighten up and handle like crazy. Mine is running the Eibachs with AGX shox and graphite bushings. The ride quality is execptional...I used to have skunk 2 coils and they were too harsh for LA roads. But the skunks handle like they are on rails. So if you have smooth roads and you have no problems with bouncing over minor bumps...go with skunks, other than that...eibachs

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

well i just ordered megan lowering springs yesterday so it should be coming in a week or so.ill tell you how the ride is once its installed.

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!

have you had any other brand? comparisons help a bunch.
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast