The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: clogged converter, what to do?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

clogged converter, what to do?

so my stock cat has about 260K on it now and my car burns a ton of oil...got a new motor goin in and wanted suggestions on an economical cat..any expereince with the 120 dollar direct fit ebay ones? any other suggestions? or would you guys just gut it and bypass the second O2 somehow? lol
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

If you gonna buy from ebay at least get magnaflow. they are like $60. If you have 260k miles on it, I highly doubt it you ll be ablr to remove the bolts, so youll need to cut it off. As of the O2 sensor fix - you can buy the electronic simulator, or do the mechanical fix with the spark plug bung available in any auto part store
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

ive broken them loose before and lately...they will unbolt and the magnaflow ones are a weld on....im gonna buy a new front o2 and do the mechanical fix on the second one...isnt it a spark plug non-fouler or something?
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

yeah, some like that. they are like 4 bucks and you get two of them in a pack.

are you talking about the OBX cat on ebay? I was gonna get it but they didnt have 3'' one

Build Thread

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Easte...mZ130242097916

nah i was just gonna go with this...these guys seem to have a decent ad and the price isnt half bad...im wondering how much more obnoxious it would be just to gut the stock cat...i wonder if the daily driving manners would suffer
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

it wont hurt if you gut it, but you wont pass emissions. Plus you need to weld a straight pipe thru it cuz its gonna sound like shit - i mean the actual cat will have that empty can echo sound

Build Thread

well emmisions around here is a scan so as long as the cel doesnt trip im fine..i will just do the anti fouler...i actually have an extra cat sitting here already gutted! lol
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

I'm bolting in a piece of pipe where my catalytic converter was cuz I don't give a shit about emissions, and I'm too broke to buy one from Volvo. It's 950 dollars for mine.

Plus, the car is a dog with the clogged converter.
    1997 Volvo 850 T5

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    if you don't have to pass emissions just get a HFC/resonator for a 2g and run a fake o2 sensor trip. when i had to replace my cat, since you have to pass emissions in cali with flying colors, i just bought a generic one and welded on the flanges and pipe myself
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

i gutted the cat on my old black GS before i did my 4g63 swap.
    it actually sounded great!
    flowed so much better and you could feel the increase in response and top end. no joke.

sounded great.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo