The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What would you rather buy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22

What would you rather buy?

Would you rather buy a stock7g or a tuned 7g? both for the same price
    when i say tuned 7g i mean with 4g63t swap and modded to 420whp and very good looking

Well depending on the engine condition I'll get the later..
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

i think you answered it yourself..but when did the swap happen...how long as it been boosted any leaks cracks in any of the manifolds worn turbo meaning shaft play..any pics ha...if your lookin for it as the easy way out dont...ever had a boosted car? do you know what your gettin yourself into..if you want a boosted car i would buy th e stock 7g and do the build so you know what everthing is and so you kno when your broken down on the side of the road and know exactly what went wrong..400+ whp is more then any of the 7gers who are boosted on here...damned if your lucky nothings blown...goood luck tho

why is the modded car the same prices as the stock car.. only reason im asking is cus someone who modds a car that really puts a lot of time and money into it.. knows about pricing and if its the same as stock.. then somethings up
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    I would always pick a stock car over a modded one simply because most people that mod their engines like that one, will also beat the hell out of it. The stock one could be better in the long run but that could also have issues, depends who took care of it.. Yeah you might get a build car already but you can also be buying you a headache. I personally like to build my own cars so I know what's what when something does go wrong, but that's just me.

Experienced TGC Member
    stock, and build it up.

that way, when you fuck it up, you have nobody to blame but yourself!!! weeeeeeeeeeee
    -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mitgalantes View Post
    400+ whp is more then any of the 7gers who are boosted on here...
    swing and a miss there are two that come to mind right away. DOHCstunr and microgalant

if they are the same price i would get the modded one. all the wiring is done. if it blows up i can get another motor and swap it in.

it's like buying a new car just the base model or buying one fully loaded. i agree that it is good to build your own car but for the proce who gives a shit, put it into the outside!

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    it's like buying a new car just the base model or buying one fully loaded.
    I think it's a little different, at the dealer the base model has less equipment yes, but both models are build the same meaning both are going to be reliable and with a warranty. Not everyone knows how to build a car, I mean look at WARMAndSHITTY and if someone is selling a small car that should make less then half of what that car is making for that cheap, something fishy there. Don't you think?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Tuned..

lets see some pics
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    I think it's a little different, at the dealer the base model has less equipment yes, but both models are build the same meaning both are going to be reliable and with a warranty. Not everyone knows how to build a car, I mean look at WARMAndSHITTY and if someone is selling a small car that should make less then half of what that car is making for that cheap, something fishy there. Don't you think?
    i completely agree. but for the price you can aford to buy it and rebuild everything if it dies, or just build it better.

modded cars usually get the fuck beat out of them

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

well as far as i know its not been tuned yet. he got the car stolen and the guys who robbed it took everything even the engine so he swapped a new 4g63t from a 97eclipse then added some computer, injectors, big turbo. and has not been tuned yet. it will be tuned tomorrow. he told me that he had it dyno with just a few of the things the car has and the car did 358 in the dyno but added some extra stuff and its waiting for new tuning. so the 420whp is just an proximate. about the car price. here in puerto rico its very common to find overpriced cars for example i have a 96g s and when i bought it it had 112k miles i bought for 3000$. if you search for an 7g stock, around here thats the price you will find.aorund 1500 to 4000 of course there are sometimes you can find one at 1500 but with bad tranny since almost all of em are auto. ive know the guy for a long time i know he has taken care of the car. the reason he is selling is bcouse he just finished college and got a brand new 350z and thats his new project car. ill get pics soon

btw the engine is on stock internals 2g

http://www.clasificadosonline.com/UD...999&Submit2=Go
    Last edited by Joker96; 08-21-2008 at 03:27 PM

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    I would always pick a stock car over a modded one simply because most people that mod their engines like that one, will also beat the hell out of it. The stock one could be better in the long run but that could also have issues, depends who took care of it.. Yeah you might get a build car already but you can also be buying you a headache. I personally like to build my own cars so I know what's what when something does go wrong, but that's just me.
    I agree. I bought a modded 90 eclipse turbo..... Well needless to say it has been a headache BUT i didnt pay a ton for it.. So it all works out.

buy the modded one, its already got the engine that you were likely to use anyways.

hold up in the link for the clasifieds the 4th listin is a 95 on gs wheels if thats a gs get it thats got the dohc engine in ti
    Last edited by mitgalantes; 08-21-2008 at 07:08 PM

i'd buy a modded car if its done right. many times when people mod cars, they don't do it correctly or take shortcuts and when someone else goes to fix the problem its like opening a can of worms.

for example, how many of us twist and tape electrical connections vs, soldering the connection?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I'm sorry, but that seller's story sounds like bs dude. Ask for specific info about the car as in what exact parts are on it. I had someone try to sell my a 1g TSI AWD, but couldn't even explain what aftermarket cams he claimed to install, or even a matching injector set with a functioning tuning device. Get full details, honestly it's the absolute worse to work on a modified vehicle where the previous owner did moronic things because they were just stupid.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

wasn't gs only for 94? and for the info of parts and things done to the car i will get and let u guys know

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker96 View Post
    well as far as i know its not been tuned yet.

he swapped a new 4g63t from a 97eclipse then added some computer, injectors, big turbo. and has not been tuned yet. it will be tuned tomorrow.

btw the engine is on stock internals 2g

that answers it for me. 2g bottom ends SUCK

Ever heard of crank walk, ever hear of a reliable DSM 7 bolt motor? They are extremely few and far between.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

i had completly forgot bout that crank walk issue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast