The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: am i ready?

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

am i ready?

for my drop or is their anything else i need?..i know the camber so if i can get your guys imput on which one is best i would really appreciate it...thanks in advance

you'll probably want to get some new upper strut mount bushings. for the rear.
    you can buy oem, o.e. replacement. or get some poly upper mount bushings from prothane or energy suspension.

either way, your stock bushings in the rear are shot. I promise.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

^^how much does the rear upper mount bushing cost for the 7g?because im also getting lowering springs installed and from your advice i think im going to change them also.i have been searching on google but nothing helpful comes up.also would i need a camber kit in the front of the car or just the rear?

WANNA LOOK FRESH????
    GET SOME CLOTHES AT KARMALOOP.COM AND GET 20% ON FIRST PURCHASE WHEN USING REPCODE:KN21899

siniGANG represent!

woo woo! good shit man. i agree on replacing the bushings.

I wish I would of done that at the time, but whatever. Im gunna be replacing all that here soon.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

you used to be able to find them on ebay when you typed eclipse bushing, or eclipse mount. maybe eclipse energy?
    I know you can order them from road race engineering.
    they comme in a set of 4. so if you were an 8g guy you could order a set and spllit them with one of your other 8g buddies.

as far as 7g guys, just order a set of prothane upper strut bushings and you will be set.

Road race engineering, and possibly some other vendors will carry them.

edit****
    http://www.roadraceengineering.com/eclsuspension.htm
    scroll down the the energy suspension section.
    You will see where you can buy these bushings for 14$ per pair.
    so you 8g guys can get away cheap.
    Last edited by DOHCstunr; 08-23-2008 at 04:24 PM

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    I agree with DOHC about the bushings there usually a dollar or two a piece oem and I also recommend strut mounts for the rear there prob like 10 bux at the dealer a piece

thanks guys i probably will buy those bushings then after that im set right i dont need nothin else cept the camber right?

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    right
    03 I4

aight cool thanks

Post pics after the drop dude.
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    you're gonna want camber kits for front and rear
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

replace the front strut mounts and the rear strut bushings. Then when your done check the alignment and see if you need front and rear camber kits. I only needed the rear. But you dont really know what you need till you doi an alignment check
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation View Post
    you're gonna want camber kits for front and rear
    hey for the 7g did you use camber kits in the front and rear or are you talking about the 8g's needing the camber kit for both front and rear.also,what camber kit did you use?

WANNA LOOK FRESH????
    GET SOME CLOTHES AT KARMALOOP.COM AND GET 20% ON FIRST PURCHASE WHEN USING REPCODE:KN21899

siniGANG represent!

Quote Originally Posted by guynlidia2006 View Post
    replace the front strut mounts and the rear strut bushings. Then when your done check the alignment and see if you need front and rear camber kits. I only needed the rear. But you dont really know what you need till you doi an alignment check

my mounts got changed a while ago so im set on that one..yeah some shop is doin it so i will let them know on that//i was gonna let the dealer do it but their prices were outrageous haha

alright so i went to the shop today..gonna get my car lowered tomorrow haha cant wait..but the mechanic was tellin me that in his book its says that the back of the car needs no camber in it..he wanted me to buy the front but i was like lower my car first do my alignment and then see if im gonna need camber in the front..also is it dangerous to not have a camber kit say for like 2 to 3 weeks??