The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How To Switch Odometers (video Tutorial)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29

ok this is my last attempt because after this, until I learn more spanish I don't know how else to explain it :D

ok, notice the holes in the bezel. your saying on the 02-03 gauge cluster, that you could remove that entire blue piece and replace it with the bezel from a 99-01 with aftermarket gauges. now yes, the gauges, spedo, tach fuel etc would all work fine. but in the picture here where I have circled, thats where the turn signal idicator and the fog light indicators would be.

now if you go back to the picture i took of my 02-03 gauges, the indicators are actually cut from that entire piece that has the gauges in to it, so that a light comes on behind it and shines though. But now, with the new gauges and the 99-01 bezel, you no longer have anything there to create the turn signal indicator. You just have those 2 holes and you would just see, for instance a yellow light come on and off for your turn signal, instead of a turn signal indicator symbol.

does that make sense now?
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    No, it will not change. The miles are stored in the odometer you saw me pull out. That is why I made the tutorial. I tried all 3 of my Galants before i did it. After the 8G galants are 10 years old, this tutorial will be valuable to thieves because after tenyears of that car made you don't have to have a odometer reading to prove the original miles when you sell it, so someone crooked can use this and put lower miles on that galant only to make more money. So after 2009 people really need to check into this if you are looking to purchase a 99 Galant that might have less miles then you think it should have. At least that is the way the law is here in Oklahoma.
    but technically the '99 G's are already 10 yrs old. but it'd be pretty shady still if someone did it.

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by airborneparainf82 View Post
    ok this is my last attempt because after this, until I learn more spanish I don't know how else to explain it :D

ok, notice the holes in the bezel. your saying on the 02-03 gauge cluster, that you could remove that entire blue piece and replace it with the bezel from a 99-01 with aftermarket gauges. now yes, the gauges, spedo, tach fuel etc would all work fine. but in the picture here where I have circled, thats where the turn signal idicator and the fog light indicators would be.

now if you go back to the picture i took of my 02-03 gauges, the indicators are actually cut from that entire piece that has the gauges in to it, so that a light comes on behind it and shines though. But now, with the new gauges and the 99-01 bezel, you no longer have anything there to create the turn signal indicator. You just have those 2 holes and you would just see, for instance a yellow light come on and off for your turn signal, instead of a turn signal indicator symbol.

does that make sense now?
    you're correct man (i believe). though I haven't seen behind that blue before myself, i know on my '99 there are black pieces behind my trim. so the whole cluster would have to be replaced. i think

Quote Originally Posted by airborneparainf82 View Post

ok, the turn signals, fog light indicator and whatever else is up there, those patterns for the symbol are cut from the entire gauge piece. if you were to take that off, and replace it with a 99-01 bezel with aftermarket gauges, then those holes on the bezel for those symbols would just be open with just a light behind it, instead of, for example, a turn signal symbol. make sense?
    Do you see the black plastic piece on top of the white GTZ cluster? That piece is called the bezel cover holder and it's only avaliable on the 99-01. The 02-03 model only has a rim cover. If you look where the turn signal are, that "screen" is part of the bezel, not the cover. So you can still use your 02-03 gauge with a 99-01 bezel cover. Not too hard to understand but it is confusing at first. Personally I like the blue housing with a black bezel.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    If anything you just cut them out of your 02-03 one and glue them on the back of the bezel, simple. Put the bezel on, get a pencil and draw the in line. Take bezel off and cut on the outside of the in line. There you go.
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 08-23-2008 at 11:50 PM

good tut. i wonder if there is anything like this for the 7G....... hmm time to start looking at it

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    If anything you just cut them out of your 02-03 one and glue them on the back of the bezel, simple. Put the bezel on, get a pencil and draw the in line. Take bezel off and cut on the outside of the in line. There you go.
    yeah, i had thought about that, but i figured it would look better with white face gauges and those black screens like on the 99-01 bezel.

g-spot: i think i understand what you were saying. but i was wanting to do aftermarket white gauge faces, but I currently have the 02 gauge cluster. oh well, i have a whole new cluster coming now and i think that will be the best choice imo :)
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    7g odo is not digital, its mechanical/electrical and is a pita to remove. Plus theres only one type of 7g clusters, so no real need to do it.
    7g for life!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12