The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 02 sensor /before cat

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

02 sensor /before cat

Ok so ijust had my other ball joint broke as the driver side broke about a year ago the passanger side finally went. Well before it broke i was getting the same CEL code which was a IAC problem. Well after i got everything fixed i went back in and now the IAC code is mysteriously gone i now have 2 new errors. The first just says that there is a error in sensor 1 bank 1 and the second is a Heater circut malfunction which is what is wrong with the first. Well since it's a pre-cat o2 i decided I'd go ahead and switch it out as it hasn't been changed since i've had the car and it was pretty much rusted on there. After i finally got it out and got a new one which ended up being a cali spec i went back to try and install it and i guess when the guy rebuilt the car he put the wrong plug end on the car side (ECU side). So i had to replace the ecu side, well know it's all in but im still geting CEL code sensor 1 bank 1 and heater circut malfunction. Does anyone know which wire is what? The colors are Black ; Black/White ; White ; Red. I belive Black is ground and i think Red is power. Only reason I'm not sure is the wiring diagram in the Chilton's manual has it set like this.....

Diagram 93156E17 (6-39 Chilton's Galant/Mirage/Dimante book)
    Where 1 is _/\/\/\/\_
    and 2 is |i|i|i with a arrow through it

D-90 ___ A-56
    |B --- ----- |W
    | ----------- |
    | ----------- |
    ___ ----- _____
    _1_|-----|_2__|
    |B --------- |B/W
    | -----------|
    | -----------|

I don't know if that crude drawing will help, but it says 2 blacks where i only have 1 Black and doesn't list a Red though there is a red going to the top of he rear heated oxygen sensor any help would be nice :) thanks
    Last edited by bmxmike; 08-25-2008 at 03:21 PM

Ok so i figured out that 1 (in above bad drawing) is to heater which is variable so doesn't matter which wire which is black and red. Now my question is what is Black/White and White?

Edit-* Ok so I just looked at my old plug and wired it accordingly and have been driving it and haven't got any CEL's thrown yet. My only fear is that i may have fried the sensor but i will check on that later as i had my wiring switched. If anyone is haveing a problem like this ill tell you the wires but i know no one should have the same problems i did as thats what you get when you buy a salvaged car with a new front clip
    Last edited by bmxmike; 08-25-2008 at 05:40 PM