The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 15" tires

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

15" tires

so as some of you may know, I switched back to my 15's. Although I'm sure I will go back to a 17 someday I like the feel of having more tire and the fact that the car moves a little quickr with the small wheels. My only problem is the tire itself has no grip around corners, and they are just not wide enough.

I'm currently on a 195/65/15 and want to go to a 205/50/15 Falken Azenis. as you can tell the azenis are 15 on the sidewall part less than the current tires, my question is will the sidewall be that much of a lower profile or does the width of the tire (205) make a difference on the tires sidewall profile?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

the width will make up the diffrence.

50 is the ratio of height to the 205 width. it will be close to the original

problem with more rubber is flubby sidewalls. if the tires have stiff sidewalls they handle great. i had that problem with the 14's. around every cornner i thought it was gonna tear the tire off the rim!

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

thanks dude, that's why I want the Azenis cuz it's a tire that has a harder sidewall than usual. I cant go back to driving on a normal tire after driving two summers on Advans...

Although, I have to wait 'til the 5-speed is finished but I'm pretty sure I'm sticking to 15's for a while...
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.