The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Gas Milage on your 8G..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    freddy_again
    I have always averaged 23 mpg regardless of city/highway driving...its a 2k V6.......

Senior TGC Member
    Least I got was 235 miles, most I've gotten was 480 miles. Don't ask me how, I honestly don't know how I got those results. I'd like to be able to go 300 miles per gallon though...I'd be able to go cross country on a single tank.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

I consistently get about 19 - 20 mpg. I do think that's a little low for a 3L V6, but I don't try to squeeze a little more mpg from it. I paid for 6 cylinders, dammit, and I use all of them.

galant2kde
    yea well i dont do speed limit i am a hard hevey driver like i said Only change every 2000 use high octan gas and mobile 1 oil and every other fluid tranny fuild i change every 4000 i take care of my car shit runs like new on 13,000 miles

2k1GTZ-PHX
    i average about 300 miles a tank as well. that includes city/highway driving. i have a 2k1 gtz. i calculate the average to be 22-24 mpg.

i remember the days when i had my 10th anniversary eclipse...28 mpg in town and i was able to get 37mpg on the highway.....i should have kept the eclipse!!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(newsobe)</div><div class='quotemain'>i usually get about 16mpg. Â*:evil:</div>

With your almost stock I4???? You must be a horrible driver or you have major engine problems. Maybe it's your phony GTZ badge creating wind resistance.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

I can count on 350 miles a tank with my 99 DE even driving 90mph to work everyday and a lot of flooring it. I just have the injen short ram, magnecore wires and denso iridium plugs. My mileage went down with the Injen.
    1999 2.4l
    - AEM Short Ram with Blitz Sonic Air Filter
    - Magnecore Wires & Denso Iridium Plugs
    - Throttle Body rebored by ProFlow
    - Throttle Body Coolant Bypass
    - Throttle Cable adjustment
    - Freedom Design Strut Bar
    - Tein Springs
    - KYB AGX setting 1
    Exterior:
    - 2nd Gen JDM Tails
    - New rear 02 Molding
    - Debadged Mitsubishi lettering

TPM17
    I've got a Bosal Exhaust, Double Platnum plugs, Kamakazee Headers, AEM CAI, and the Tornado Fuel Saver, and I can get 350-375 miles per tank of gas doing 75% highway miles and 25% city miles. I'm averaging between 26 and 28 mpg using 93 octane, and Mobile 1 Synthetic Blend Oil. I also do a do it yourself engine flush at every oil change to make sure there is no shit in my engine. I've got 39,000 miles and my car couldn't run any smoother.

~TaranTula~
    Well I get about 30mpg minimum..........but then you all got the v6 engines. I have a 4G93 GDI 1834 cc.....different from what u guys in the States are accustomed to.....but it's quite fast and powerful for stock.

Senior TGC Member
    30 mpg...good Lord...I can barely top 22.3 mpg...average more around 21 mpg.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12