The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Gas Milage on your 8G..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 30

Gas Milage on your 8G..

I was just wondering, do any of you have problems with gas and like say you "gun" it a lot do you have problems with using a lot of gas. Because I do and I don't know if it's just my car or are all the 8G's gas hogs?.

My car's head gaskets requires more torque than your honda puts out...

Senior TGC Member
    To be honest, I think all 8Gs are pretty thirsty...I go easy on my car and I can still rarely go past 24 mpg...highway and city driving it doesn't matter. That's with both my I-4 and V6. Can't imagine what the VR-4 must eat up...
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

I usually average about 24 MPG with my V6. I took it to the track last week and made 5 runs and my mileage only dropped to 23 MPG. I don't think that's too thirsty for a V6. I can live with it.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Senior TGC Member
    But comparing it to the V8 of a Corvette at 32 mpg our V6 could do better Once I reach the EPA's estimate of 27 I'll be happy...
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

A corvette V8 gets 32?? No shit?? I never knew that. I don't hold any faith in the EPA estimates, but I had no idea a Vette was that much higher than us. Well that makes me feel like shit, not only can a Vette whip my ass, but he can pass the gas pump while he does it. :cry:

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Corvette V8 has quite a bit of advanced engineering behind it though, not as much went into our engines. I think my GTZ is getting high teens, I'm filling the thing up three times a week. I was shopping for a motor for my Nova, reading about GMs soon to be released ZZ572.. 572 cubic inches / 9.4L, 720hp, 685ft-lbs torque. With a motor like that, you measure how many gallons per mile

MrDomu
    My highway and city driving are about even. Since the day I bought my ES V6, I go 300 miles per tank. Our tanks are what?, 16 gallons.

That would average me at about 18.75mpg per tank.

My everyday driving style in the city is relaxed and between 60-80 mph on the highway for normal travel. I'm sure it has been worse lately due to needing the AC on all week. Anyway, I'm no worse off than what my old car was getting ('88 Olds Cutlass 2.8v6)

Ok well when I get my 8G back from out of the Shop I'll test my gas mileage and let you guys see it so you can compare it to yours. I don't know if my gas milage will change any since I got my whole short block replaced but we'll see. :?

My car's head gaskets requires more torque than your honda puts out...

Nick VR4
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Can't Â*imagine what the VR-4 must eat up...</div>

on a good day 16-18 mpg on a bad day 12

Senior TGC Member
    Well there's my answer it might be a wolf in sedan's clothing, but it's also a Ford Excursion in sedan's clothing

Smokey7969
    I noticed the same problem with gas mileage when I first got the car. I guess I've gotten used to it, because I don't even think about it anymore.

Senior TGC Member
    Yeah plus the gas prices are falling down here...it's 10 cents cheaper now.

nebj00la
    haha where are you? I need a drop in gas prices too! I just paid like... $1.65 for 93 octane... argh, I remember driving when it was $0.95/GAL!

ACK!

Yes, I get bad mileage too, I'll run a test on mine to see what I get too

first of all yea i pay 1.41 for premium gas at costco. its going lower and lower. but yea my gas mileage varies alot on the way i drive. i can drive all day and use a half a tank (and i mean long ass stop and go driving) or i can drive for 5 mins and use up a half a tank. its just the way u drive it. and yea my mileage went down when the intake went on. i love that sound

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Tiller
    i'm averaging about 22mpg, but most of my driving is stop and go BS...

but to comment on the Corvette's gas mileage...

who the hell told you that the Vette gets 32mpg...?

The auto only gets 18-25, and the manual gets 19-25... but c'mon, who the hell is going to be at the upper range of that with a Corvette...? i'd guess the average MPG for a Vette is around 15mpg...

c'mon now...

Chip, you can feel better now...

Senior TGC Member
    No one told me. Must have been a typo in the EPA guide then...looked through it during my shift at the library. Then again it also stated that the Galant only gets 27 mpg same as Accord. I think it got those right.

Tiller
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallifan
    No one told me. Must have been a typo in the EPA guide then...looked through it during my shift at the library. Then again it also stated that the Galant only gets 27 mpg same as Accord. I think it got those right.
    maybe the guy that was typing the guid eup has stock in Chevy...

galant2kde
    wow thats crazy i have a2002 i-4 and i live in nj when i was going to south carolina for the week , i bout gas back home and it was like 400 or 450 miles before i had to refule i took 95 south down and i only stopped to refule at the way bottom of north carolina, city driving i get like 300-350..... i also keep engine clean change oil every 2000 miles use mobile one and power flush the engine every 5000 miles, so....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant2kde)</div><div class='quotemain'>wow thats crazy i have a2002 i-4 and i live in nj when i was going to south carolina for the week , i bout gas back home and it was like Â*400 or 450 miles before i had to refule i took 95 south down and i only stopped to refule at the way bottom of north carolina, city driving i get like 300-350..... i also keep engine clean change oil every 2000 miles use mobile one and power flush the engine every 5000 miles, so....</div>

WOW...what the hell.. my 99 I4 will get 250-275 I guess its because of my lead foot 400 miles..wow...jeez.. Im stuck right now

MrDomu
    Gas mileage WILL vary by driving habits. If you were to drive the speed limit everywhere, I'm sure yours and mine mileage would increase. Also, letting off the gas real early before a stop sign or light, accerating very slow would also increase mileage, but who has the time to do all that boring stuff. I do believe that EPA ratings are based on driving the speed limit, which I doubt any of us do. As stated above I go 300 miles per tank, gives me about 18.75mpg per tank. I don't care to try to get an extra 50 miles per tank, it would be to boring. Also, adding MOD's won't help any. If you want good mileage, buy a gas/electric hybrid and don't complain that you can't pass anyone on the highway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast