The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: weirdest problem..

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

weirdest problem..

i had my ac refilled because my ac condenser crapped out so i had to replace it.... but im having problem, after about 15-20 of having my ac on, my car shuts off... i find this weird since everything else seems to be fine.... any ideas?

does it stall when you are moving on road or when u come to stop at a light or sign?

Sounds like a compressor problem. If the compressor or clutch gets hot and locks up the engine stalls, and won't start.

whens the last time you cleaned your throttle body.

got this from online:

The compressor has a big bearing that the pulley just spins on so it's pretty much a freewheel, very little drag. However, when you engage the AC the clutch engages the compressor shaft, which is supposed to start the compressor spinning. If the compressor has seized however (think of an engine that seizes, it can't be turned, right?), it's just like something very strong "grabbing" the fan belt, and that could account for the awful noise and the lug on the engine that caused it to stall.
    Last edited by IceDouTGaLanT; 08-28-2008 at 07:50 PM
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

did u have it vacuumed?
    if u let the air in the system you got to vacuum it out then refill it
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

I had the same problem before 2 years ago, it led to a dirty throttle body. Then found out the dirt made it in the IAC, causing it to malfunction, then somehow my EGR solenoid mafunctioned as well.

You're right, it is the wierdest problem...