The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: straight pipe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21

straight pipe

im thinking of buying a straight pipe for the G.would the straight pipe for the 95-99 eclipse fit good on the galant without modifcations? would i need a straight pipe that had a o2 senser or can it be just a pipe?

WANNA LOOK FRESH????
    GET SOME CLOTHES AT KARMALOOP.COM AND GET 20% ON FIRST PURCHASE WHEN USING REPCODE:KN21899

siniGANG represent!

umm you would still need the 02bung, but thats illeagal in il, and for emmissions

my car is a 95 so i dont need to go through emissions anymore.so i dont have to worry about stuff like that.

so im guessing getting the straight pipe with the o2 sensor is better for the car?

WANNA LOOK FRESH????
    GET SOME CLOTHES AT KARMALOOP.COM AND GET 20% ON FIRST PURCHASE WHEN USING REPCODE:KN21899

siniGANG represent!

nice, yea or else no air fuel rato

o ok.

so would the 2g eclipse staright pipe work for the G?

i have been searching around and i havent found any straight pipes for the G with the o2 sensor.

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!

idk

you can always have a bung drilled and welded in... pretty much any muffler shop can do this. and btw, if youre replacing your cat w/ this, it is called a "test pipe"... straight pipe would be the removal of the cats, resonators and mufflers and replacing it w/, u guessed it, straight pipe.

^^yea i was thinking of doing this also but wasnt sure if it would be the same.i kno that a regualr pipe is pretty much the test pipe is but i what dwjp said with the air fuel ratio.

my fault calling it a straight pipe..i knew the name for it but i forgot the name of it while i was making this thread so i just called it a straight pipe.

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!

You really dont need test pipe unless youre heavily boosted, backpressure wise. If you wanna get some better flow out of you 2 1/4'' exhaust, go on Ebay and get high flow cat, middle resonator and end muffler from Magnaflow and get it welded. Youll get a hell of a sound and some hp out of that mod, and will cost you like $150.

I read about an Evo 9 in one of the magazines that I buy sometimes, they installed test pipe instead of the cat and they dynoed less than 1hp difference, and like 4 lbf of torque more on 25psi boosted evo. So, you do the math
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    you can always have a bung drilled and welded in... pretty much any muffler shop can do this. and btw, if youre replacing your cat w/ this, it is called a "test pipe"... straight pipe would be the removal of the cats, resonators and mufflers and replacing it w/, u guessed it, straight pipe.
    Heavy sarcasm, gotta love it!!!! HAHAHA

Car is sold, no more G.... Moved on to something a big more sporty.... lol

i run straight downpipe
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

thats gonna be loud as fuck on a all motor 4 cylinder.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

lol.my brothers friend has a test pipe on his integra with a spoon exhaust and its super loud.

check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrEnhp23KAU

the vid doesnt really let you hear how loud it really is though.

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!

yeah I had a straight pipe with no cat and no muffler with the corolla after i swapped it and I couldnt hear myself think.

so I swapped the "pipe" for a Tanabe super medallion and well, it didnt make a difference since that didnt have a resonator and all it had was a straight through can. lol.

but seriously, atleast put a resonator on it...

what size you going to get?

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

lol nice.what year rolla did you have?

lol yea.but i think a 2 1/2in pipe will do.

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!

mine was a 2000 with a celica 2zz in it

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    thats gonna be loud as fuck on a all motor 4 cylinder.
    Yes it is, my 22-re is loud and i have a baffled flowmaster on there too. Ive even put dynamat extreme in the whole interior(floor, firewall, doors and rear wall) and its still loud. the G35, not so much, but when i smash through gears it sounds like a jet plane.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

Quote Originally Posted by dronesurfboards View Post
    Yes it is, my 22-re is loud and i have a baffled flowmaster on there too. Ive even put dynamat extreme in the whole interior(floor, firewall, doors and rear wall) and its still loud. the G35, not so much, but when i smash through gears it sounds like a jet plane.
    lol. nice.

would this fit?

http://www.meganracing.com/products/...id=96&catid=24
    Last edited by EATsleepJDM; 08-28-2008 at 02:10 PM

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!

a 2.4L galant is gonna be nowhere near as loud as a 1.8 liter honda. just due to engine size. my setup is still much quieter than some cars that have just a catback
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

^^o ok.

actually my car is pretty loud but like you said its not going to be as loud.but im fine with that.

im just wondering if it would fit because i might go to a shop tomorrow to pick up my springs and im thinking of ordering if it would fit.

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast