The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: End Links

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

End Links

Would there be any benefits for something like this?

My endlinks that attach my front Lower sway bar to the hub is always busted :( So I wass going to purchase some rear endlinks mad for a civic and see if there would be any gains from it... Just wanted to get you guys opinons...

Bassically buy these

Made By BLOX

to replace these
    Mitsu Oem

There about the same price as well.
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    The ones from Blox are heim joint type links, essentially that means they will be awesome for about 2-3 months, then they will be noisy as hell. Since the bolt goes thru the joint, there is less area for lubrication on the pivot point, thats why most racing companies make ball end type joints, because there is more joint contact area and also the ability to have more lubricant on the joint.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

K... Do you know if they can be regreased? I may give em a try since I don't drive the 7g that often...

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phizzalot View Post
    K... Do you know if they can be regreased? I may give em a try since I don't drive the 7g that often...
    I mean I would imagine you can hit them with some spray lubricant, but you may be doing it once a week....

Goosey had ones like these on the front of his 8g and he said they sucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

moog makes some okay ones.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    I'm in the process of piecing together my new suspension.. I was wondering if anyone has a better alternative to the stock end links other than moog? Where would I buy moog end links anyway?

I've been wanting to upgrade the OEM front / rear bearing type end links as well (2002 ES-V6). I've contacted Matt Jobin at Agency Power; www.agency-power.com, who, after forwarding him the OEM measurements (REAR 3 1/2" end to end , FRONT 8-10" end to end) he stated that I could use either thier WRX STI 02-07 front links; http://www.agency-power.com/catalog/...endlinkf1a.jpg or
    Mazda RX-8 front links http://www.agency-power.com/catalog/...xlinkcar1a.jpg
    on my application.
    I also contacted Perrin Performance; www.perrinperformance.com He stated that part # PSP -SUS-110 <http://www.perrinperformance.com/products/show/260/Endlinks-Front-?category=8&model=2> would fit my application (6"-7.5" they are adjustable) for rear only.
    I thought part # PEP-SUS- 210 (03-06 Evolution rear) http://www.perrinperformance.com/sha.../427_large.jpg
    would fit but was told they would not!
    Installation instructions http://www.perrinperformance.com/sha.../pepsus210.pdf
    I'm currently awaiting reply about AVO Front Sway Bar Endlinks. Is there a member who has installed aftermarket end links, front and rear?
    Last edited by GSpeed; 03-25-2009 at 11:08 PM

Nice update... I ended up getting some regular replacement from Mitsu but this is good to know since the 7g and 8g share the same rear suspension.

Maybe the fronts will work since there adjustable?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffylou87 View Post
    I'm in the process of piecing together my new suspension.. I was wondering if anyone has a better alternative to the stock end links other than moog? Where would I buy moog end links anyway?
    I bought my one moog sway bar link from Advance Auto. I ended up busting one just by twisting it too much. It feels a lot stronger but requires lubrication though.

i've never had an endlink fail ever.
    the only problem i've ever had was getting the nut off. and thats only if that nut had never been cranked on since the car rolled off the line in Normal.

Just use oem replacement links, and don't forget to use plenty of anti-sieze

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

phizzalot, good point with regard to the 7g and 8g sharing the same rear suspension.

Energy Suspension makes the Urethane ones for a 2G DSM. slaps right up to a Galant you might wanna look into that

Quote Originally Posted by GSpeed View Post
    phizzalot, good point with regard to the 7g and 8g sharing the same rear suspension.
    they share the same suspension setup, but the lateral control arms, sway bar and end link are totally different.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

any end links updates
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!