The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Expand Your Choice in Wheels with wobble bolts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 33 of 33
    Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    you need to make sure that you put some kind of disclaimer, some newb will read this, try it, and get himself killed or injured, then he'll blame u lol.
    sounds like somoene got injured...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by glantv699 View Post
    Innovative but I don't think I'd trust them....could you imagine a wheel getting loose? If I lost a wheel at 35mph + I'd probably shit my pants
    oh trust me, I lost a wheel at 45-50 mph its much much scarier than everyone thinks....

especially if you're at stock height, you will damge everything.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6 View Post
    sounds like somoene got injured...
    Nope, haven't gotten injured, after reading some of the new threads posted by newbies, a disclaimer is probably a safe bet.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    if they take that advice seriously, then i hope they get hurt
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

this is what happens when you use these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv4m41viy4I

not really, but it's funny

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    this is what happens when you use these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv4m41viy4I

not really, but it's funny

That was hilarious.

wow its funny to see people posting up not having a clue what they are talking about. companies like oz racing which most people on this board cant even afford wheels from have been known to use these on race cars back in the day.

these also have a TUV approval meaning they are legal in europe on such places as the autobahn meaning they far surpass the safety regulations of the US.
    people have been using these for years in europe and here in america
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

i can poke fun because very few wheels fit my car. damn 4X114.3!

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
    wow its funny to see people posting up not having a clue what they are talking about. companies like oz racing which most people on this board cant even afford wheels from have been known to use these on race cars back in the day.

these also have a TUV approval meaning they are legal in europe on such places as the autobahn meaning they far surpass the safety regulations of the US.
    I was not aware of that, thank you for informing us, in that case I would rock these if need be, just curious, what kind of warranty do they give on these bolts and nuts?

No offense, but being that I'm in the industry and have been so for many years, you wouldn't catch me putting these on any car...ever. If someone came in wanting them put on I'd tell them go drive on down the road. And quite frankly I don't care what OZ Racing or European TUV standards say about them. Its not the safest way to be installing wheels on a car.

Would you want to install anything on your wheels that has "wobble" in the name?

And there is a reason they don't use that method anymore, ever think about that?

the only thing that moves is the part that moves is the seat of the bolt since with the lug pattern is a few mm off. everything else goes on just like a regular lug nut, just has more technology. what in your opinion could go wrong with it? even if the seat was to somehow breck of even if half of it was but on the top nut that holds the movable ball of cone seat would still be against the wheel would still be on tight if you torqued it to spec
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

the only thing that moves is the part that moves is the seat of the bolt since with the lug pattern is a few mm off. everything else goes on just like a regular lug nut, just has more technology. what in your opinion could go wrong with it? even if the seat was to somehow breck of even if half of it was but on the top nut that holds the movable ball of cone seat would still be against the wheel would still be on tight if you torqued it to spec
    I've seen lugnuts like those break apart, the wheel was damaged, and not reusable. I don't know but I just picture the bolt shearing off because of the 'wobble' effect. Just doesn't give me any comfort knowing people want to put something on their car that doesn't belong or isn't designed to fit the car properly.

Its like when a certain people recommend using Diamante calipers, brackets, etc...without having any concrete mechanical experience to be recommending such a thing. Not saying you don't have mechanical expertise though. I just don't see this being a good thing, or something that should ever been used on a daily driven, or especially a race driven car. There is a reason OZ, nor any race or mass production company uses these things.

the only way i would rock those is if the the hub and wheel bore are exactly the same or if you got centrifugal spacers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12