The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Jdm HeadlightRelay

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 38 of 38
    You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 02redgalant View Post
    just a question I hooked up mine on one side only...both sets of headlights the lows stay on when I kick on the high beams...do we really need two relays?

You dont need two relays. Who told you that?? Just run one side to the other.

ok, i might sound like a newb, but how do you make that set uo that he made. I got in on the jdm headlight gb and i would rather not cut my stock wiring up and I would like to do the hi beam mod...
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    Is this the only way to get the highs and lows to stay on together, running the power wire straight to the battery?
    no. you can run power through the stock wiring if you want.

Yeah just like what I did on my heads. But I'll be getting a relay soon.
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    You dont need two relays. Who told you that?? Just run one side to the other.
    for some reason I always thought you did...cool

Quote Originally Posted by Galante View Post
    Yeah just like what I did on my heads. But I'll be getting a relay soon.
    You wanna make a quick wiring diagram for me? Or anyone else wanna make one for that matter? I'm running my JDMS with a plug and play H4 adapter harness that Ray made, but I want to make the lows stay on when I turn the high beams on.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=14544

all you do is tap into those existing wire setup ray did

85 taps into the high beam positive (trigger)
    86 taps to a ground
    87 taps into the low beam positive (output)
    30 taps directly to the battery (you may want to put a fuse on this line)
    87a not used (must be insulated as to avoid a short)

i would like to see that as well... would be possible to make a plug and play adapter where the highs could stay on? I am trying to aviod my wiring melting.. lol... I just wanna make sure i do it right the first time...
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

i ordered these off ebay... under 9 bucks shipped... all you guys doing the group buy for the jdm heads should pick this up so wiring them up is eaiser and alot cleaner...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=370084699176
    Mods:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=220275915966

this would make for wiring up the rely easier... i just ordered this as well
    Mods:

no i think you can use a diode.

u need a relay for each side i know that for a fact

diodes wont handle and they will blow and then u need to replace them frequently
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    u need a relay for each side i know that for a fact

diodes wont handle and they will blow and then u need to replace them frequently

how you figure..I'm running one relay on the driver side and keeps the low beams on for both heads?

Quote Originally Posted by guynlidia2006 View Post
    i ordered these off ebay... under 9 bucks shipped... all you guys doing the group buy for the jdm heads should pick this up so wiring them up is eaiser and alot cleaner...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=370084699176
    i ordered the same ones

if you guys want me to do these for you i would, it will cost $24 in parts and add shipping and throw me few bucks for labor
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

how you figure..I'm running one relay on the driver side and keeps the low beams on for both heads?
    only if you bridge your headlights w/ a wire (so that 1 relay powers 2 lights). if you choose not to bridge the left and right together, you will need 2 relays to do the JDM rewire (one for each side). i have 1 relay for both low beams and 1 relay for both high beams, power beng drawn directly from my battery (custom heavy duty harnesses) and 1 diode bridging the trigger wires to keep my low beams on when my highs activate. i can run a diode since i am not using high amperage on the trigger wires (which are activated by the stock wiring); running full power to the headlights through a diode would melt it in about 1 second. all my front end lights are either HID (low, hi and fog) or LED (parking/signal switchbacks).

so when you mean bridging you mean running 1 relay and running wires from each side to that relay?.....
    Last edited by Reelax; 09-09-2008 at 05:06 AM

so when you mean bridging you mean running 1 relay and running wires from each side to that relay?.....
    yes powering both sides via 1 relay. the drawback of this is that both headlights are now sharing 1 fuse (if you went independent each headlight would have it's own fuse). now in the off chance that you are not running fuses to the power line of the relay and are bridged (you should ALWAYS add a fuse on the line that runs from the relay to the positive terminal of the battery) or if you wired the relays in to not even draw power directly from the battery, you may be running up to four bulbs through 1 fuse (not recommended).

so i have a problem, my battery kept dying everytime i got to my car, and my car is parked at my friend's house and i only go there once every few days, so today i went and the battery was dead, i jump started it and i wanted to see whats wrong, i looked at my wires and they were intact and i kept digging until i figured out that the passenger side relay got blown cuz it somehow got water inside of it, i wanna mount then under the lip of the fender inside the hood but didnt get to that yet

so i unplugged it and i didnt have an extra relay on me since they are all at home, and i turn my lights on and the highs worked with the lows on both sides, it puzzled me cuz i thought our cars dont have shared headlight harness, or do they ?? i will keep a relay on each side anyway but i wanna know why both of them worked with one relay ??
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12