The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The Ivory Vrg Hybrid - She Finally Has A Build Thread

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 662
    dam, now im gonna be checkin this thread 20times a day lol. I wish i had a shop to work on my car at. Goodluck bro

2001 5 speed 4g64T

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_o2 View Post
    looking good bro 1- 5 5 being the hardest what would u rate ur swap
    3-4 since I have never done one before and I read like 3 different tutorials. but the slight difficulty would go up to a 5-5.5 if I didnt have the correct tools and lifts....

Quote Originally Posted by 01galant01 View Post
    dam, now im gonna be checkin this thread 20times a day lol. I wish i had a shop to work on my car at. Goodluck bro
    yeah its pretty sickk I didnt even think about it until he offered to me to use the shop and I was like DUHHH.... -_- but yeah thanks dude!

sooo.....

The Swap: Day 2

What I think of the fat biotch! HAHA

So I took off my flexplate and threadlocked the flywheel bolts and was putting on the flywheel and wow it was THE WRONG ONE!!!!! WTH the bastards on ebay I bought from sent the wrong bloody one.....emailed them and was pretty pissed because I was planning to have the car done today....yeah right...but luckily for me my father in law got mad hook up and found me the whole oem clutch kit for $50 bucks and will be here in the morning. My previous clutch kit had a lightened flywheel and a slightly above oem clutch....but err $350 or $50 bucks. Yeah $50 bucks. I will upgrade when I eventually boost her.

So since the whole clutch kit ordeal I cleaned my whole center console and installed the shifter and cables......wow.....the nut on the left (see borrowed pic from goosey's thread) is a BITCH to get out....took forever!

Installed the manual's motor mount....

Once again....she sits.....damn you ebay a-hole seller
    Last edited by Ivory8g; 09-05-2008 at 01:03 AM
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

nice job on the car bro, wish i can do a swap on mine but my wife drives my car and it will suck on traffic.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    nice bro...your going to love it after the swap ;)

holy shit dude!! I wish I was you right now! and for someone whos never done a swap before you are moving pretty quick man!

good luck with the rest of it bro!
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Nokcy: Thanks dude, and for some reason I think I wont mind the clutch and traffic and besides it will be WAAAY better on mpg

Fatal: I know right?! I am trying to be as calm as possible and take my time.

Jigz: Thanks bro, man I was so tired of seeing everyone do something sick so I was like ramen noodles here I come...at least my ride will make me happy while eating em :) haha
    Wow I dont think I am moving quickly at all but then again.....it is just me....LOL!

Alrighty so

The Swap: Day 3

Started the morning off by going and picking up the $50 clutch kit which the pressure plate and flywheel were in good shape but the whole thing was bolted together so when I got back to the shop I seperated the pieces and took a look at the clutch and that crap was done.....I was like is this a clutch or is it a freakin oversized cracker? I didnt even bother taking a pic of that lol. So I needed a clutch still and father in law again with mad hookup got me a brand new Exedy pressure plate, clutch, and TOB for $147. So I was all set for the day.

So while I was waiting on the exedy stuff I resurfaced the old flywheel ...

Went and picked up the clutch kit, and installed it right away.
    And just in case its not a well known fact...the automatic has a flexplate adapter plate that is the same plate you use for the flywheel. one catch though; the 3g m/t has TWO flywheel adapter plates. One on the crankshaft bushing, so between the bushing and the flywheel. And another plate one the flywheel...and then you put the bolts in. Mind you you have to align all the plates and the flywheel since all the holes will only fit in one direction! That flywheel/flexplate adapter mitsubishi part number is MD754228 for future reference just in case. god bless CAPS. lol

So after everything was installed I got the tranny and the stand out and proceeded to put er in!!

And Magic happened!

Ran the clutch line.....connected the shifter cables & the ground back to the tranny

Then shorted out 9+10 on the black harness

And that ended day 3. All that is left to be done is getting putting the gl-4 in the tranny, putting the other two tranny mounts back in, the axles back in, suspension back together, bleed the clutch line, put the battery & intake back in, wheels back on, then record the first start up....and wait for my ecu to throw the code "5 spd hawtness" LOL!
    Last edited by Ivory8g; 09-05-2008 at 01:03 AM
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    nice nice cant wait
    03 I4

you just going to run with the CEL/SES??
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory8g View Post
    wait for my ecu to throw the code "5 spd hawtness" LOL!

lmao! seriously this is awesome!

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_o2 View Post
    nice nice cant wait
    me either!!

Quote Originally Posted by airborneparainf82 View Post
    you just going to run with the CEL/SES??
    yes and I am going to try to figure out how to bypass it for all of us 02-03 guys

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    lmao! seriously this is awesome!
    haha I lol'd when I wrote that....and gawd I cant wait to feel the difference.....but lame thing is the clutch has a 750mi break in period.......-_- GHEY!!!! well I will be taking my car everywhere....then I will have to do some power shifting to see if I can get some tire spinage!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

btw, when the trans was out, what was holding the motor up? you just let it hang on the mount?

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    btw, when the trans was out, what was holding the motor up? you just let it hang on the mount?
    yep. I dont know why everyone bothers jacking up the engine. it barely moved my hand could still fit between the downpipe and my engine. Plus it gives you some extra room and angle when putting the tranny in.
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    did you ever wonder why they cut your road up and put that black stuff down? ive nver seen a road that bad lol

anyways, nice build your car is my fav white G for sure

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    Wow Ivory8g!
    Can't wait to see the finished product!

nice work dude, can't wait to see it done.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Thanks peeps!! Your enthusiasm keeps me motivated!!!!!!

So short update:
    I am pretty sure the master cylinder's seals took a dump because there is no feel in the clutch. so I took off the line along with the reservoir and the fluid came out immediately. But I took out the clutch line out of the master cylinder and there was nothing -_- BAH I'm tired today and just didnt want to be bothered so I will deal with it tomorrow. :( I really wanted to drive it today.....looks like my game is going into overtime fellas :P

P.S. I will have pics up tonight as usual....
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Keep the pics coming bro.. Very good progress so far.
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

The Swap: Day 4
    Well my father in law were the only ones running the garage today so I barely got anything done. Should have been done today but yeah didnt happen.

Everything is back in....

Only the axles remain to be put in...and I had to get new boots for them both because they were TORN! wth......
    Yea so I ghetto zip tied it until tomorrow so I can put some clamps on them.

and my master cylinder is gone....so tomorrow I am going to test it to make sure. and then replace it if needed, then fire it up!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Sorry to criticize bro, but you couldve done a lil better job joining the lip. I can tell the where its been modified.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    Sorry to criticize bro, but you couldve done a lil better job joining the lip. I can tell the where its been modified.
    Dont mean to be an asshole......I see it everyday and you think I dont know that? o_O
    It is swelling and cracking and I will fix it but later....I actually took the lip off so it doesn't even matter as of right now.
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast