The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The Ivory Vrg Hybrid - She Finally Has A Build Thread

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 662
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivory8g View Post
    Dont mean to be an asshole......I see it everyday and you think I dont know that? o_O
    It is swelling and cracking and I will fix it but later....I actually took the lip off so it doesn't even matter as of right now.
    Did you take it off permanently, or did you just take it off to fix it?
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

I took it off to fix it or until it gets fixed for that matter.
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

The Swap: Day 5

Didnt get to post yesterday but...

Wired Up Properly...

SHE LIVES!!! Sorry I didnt get a first startup vid for you guys but my father in law was in a hurry to go pick up family from the airport. So I was in a pretty big hurry the whole time.

My first test drive was me going home -_- LOL well I am getting a rattle....pretty sure the brake shield is touching the rotor so I have to fix that, but the big problem is that I have no second gear WTF!!!!!! So I went home and checked it out and it is jamming when trying to move the shifter out of first into second. First gear is hella sticky and hard to get in and out of....but when I take off the selector cable It shifts hella smooth. so I thought it was the bushing on the cable because it was sticking up a little....so I fixed it and still no second, so I looked into it the engine bay again and had my fiance try to shift into second and it looks like the selector shifter cable isnt extending enough to put it into second. So I think I need another set of shift linkages. Maybe it was bend somehow? I dunno but it suxorz!!! And I still need to order the harness for the speedo and the reverse gear solenoid since my tranny didnt come with them. Haha not having a reverse gear is a MAJOR BIOTCH!!! Lol Gotta push that ish. Also I took off my lip because it is swelling and cracking from temp changes so I will get that fixed later. But i'm not rolling around like that.

But now for the good......SHIT IS BADASS!!!! I shifted a little too fast and lost traction in 3rd and again in 4th LOL but yeah then I calmed down cause I have a 750mi break in on my exedy clutch -__________- GAWD!
    Last edited by Ivory8g; 09-07-2008 at 07:10 PM
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Experienced TGC Member
    Booooo... I want one :D
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Didnt get to post yesterday but...

Wired Up Properly...

SHE LIVES!!! Sorry I didnt get a first startup vid for you guys but my father in law was in a hurry to go pick up family from the airport. So I was in a pretty big hurry the whole time.

My first test drive was me going home -_- LOL well I am getting a rattle....pretty sure the brake shield is touching the rotor so I have to fix that, but the big problem is that I have no second gear WTF!!!!!! So I went home and checked it out and it is jamming when trying to move the shifter out of first into second. First gear is hella sticky and hard to get in and out of....but when I take off the selector cable It shifts hella smooth. so I thought it was the bushing on the cable because it was sticking up a little....so I fixed it and still no second, so I looked into it the engine bay again and had my fiance try to shift into second and it looks like the selector shifter cable isnt extending enough to put it into second. So I think I need another set of shift linkages. Maybe it was bend somehow? I dunno but it suxorz!!! And I still need to order the harness for the speedo and the reverse gear solenoid since my tranny didnt come with them. Haha not having a reverse gear is a MAJOR BIOTCH!!! Lol Gotta push that ish. Also I took off my lip because it is swelling and cracking from temp changes so I will get that fixed later. But i'm not rolling around like that.

But now for the good......SHIT IS BADASS!!!! I shifted a little too fast and lost traction in 3rd and again in 4th LOL but yeah then I calmed down cause I have a 750mi break in on my exedy clutch -__________- GAWD!
    Good job bro! Good to see another 5spd 8G - not many out there.

Try switching the shifter cables inside, and tranny side. 7g has that problem when doing the 5 spd swap
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Yeah Mko I'm ordering the shifter cables from mitsu tomorrow. that has to be the problem because tranny side it goes into all the gears perfectly and without that selector cable it shifts through gears perfectly as well so all in due time :)
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

And I still need to order the harness for the speedo and the reverse gear solenoid since my tranny didnt come with them.
    why dont you have a reverse gear solenoid? just didnt come with the tranny you got? amd tha harness for the speedo should that be a oem harness out of a 3g?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!! FIXED!!!! she drives like a dream now!
    ok so after playing around and seeing how my shifter worked I realized that the select cable was not reaching properly therefor moving all my gears around. I then removed the clip holding the cable on the shifter base and moved it up a little.

before

after

zip tied down....

holy crap my first gear goes in perfectly....and so does second.....and so does reverse! the cable is now in the position it should be

temp shift boot on....

Going to try and move the silver clip in front of the black clip for the select link....but for now at least its drivable.....walking sux arse! LOL
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    why dont you have a reverse gear solenoid? just didnt come with the tranny you got? amd tha harness for the speedo should that be a oem harness out of a 3g?
    i need both of the harnesses because my tranny didnt come with them lol. yep its just the oem speedo harness and the reverse light harness from the 3g that you wire up to the ones in the G
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Very nice, good job on the swap, if that'll be my first big mechanical mod once the G is not the daily.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

it was worth every penny!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    I'm late as fawk just seeing this thread! LOL great work bro, can't wait to get some more money so I can finish up my project, then I'll post a thread :)
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

hell yeah! thanks bro. I would love to see you're thread! :)
    which reminds me I need to update this thread
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

i swear every time i look at your car... even if you havent done anything new to it... its even sexier!

Experienced TGC Member
    hmmm.... I need some eyelids
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Quote Originally Posted by 00galantguy View Post
    i swear every time i look at your car... even if you havent done anything new to it... its even sexier!
    hehe thanks dude! ^.^
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Great swap dude!
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

Nice job Marcus, shes looking good

^ thanks guys!

Ok so its been a while since I updated. been busy and ish! lol

UPDATE TIME!!!

The Aftermath & Little Kinks

Ok so I got shifter base bushings to firm up my shifter feel. installed those without a problem. really a great upgrade. shifts are 100% more confident, a must from where I see it.

I then got ambitious and decided I would get some brass bushings for my shift linkage. they fit perfectly in the linkage.

I then went to install them and the smaller bushing just would not fit on the select lever properly. like a freaking NUB I forced it and guess what?

FAAAAAWK!!!! yeah need new shifter cables.......so $110 and 3 days later I had my cables and installed them with my normal rubber shifter link bushings. EFF THAT!! I even got a new select lever right on up and the bushing still doesnt fit. hell if I know. I was thinking about getting the dremel out and trim that ish but oh well I just want to drive her not screw with some crap lol!
    So I broke her in after that since she was up and running and now I can drive without being all kinds of super careful.

Winter Project

Ok so the inevitable happened.....

so I messed with it......

THATS IT BIOTCH!.......

yeah so needless to say I cut that crap out and am starting over from scratch....
    I know exactly what I am going to do to make it super strong and durable this time around!
    hehe

in progress
    (yes I got the glare from the sun on there on purpose)

As she sits now....

The lip had to come off for winter anyways so might as well be now right? :P

Stay Tuned....
    Last edited by Ivory8g; 11-11-2008 at 02:08 AM
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Awwwww i hate seeing that lip off when it is so damn sexy!

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast