The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The Ivory Vrg Hybrid - She Finally Has A Build Thread

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Showing results 81 to 100 of 662
    kekeke.....:) i feel like 9G right now...
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

so quick little update, my car was shocking the hell out of me everytime I exited the car and my hid's seemed to get dimmer so my friend suggested this....

and wow my lights are brighter, after about 20 mins after installing this voltage regulator/system I also noticed how much smoother my car ran, and gears shifted. my hid's no longer flicker from what seemed to be a strain on my alternator/battery. also it feels like my car pulls a little better through the gears. did some research on it and found this....
    http://my.is/forums/f88/product-revi...system-282257/
    http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...=198510&page=2
    http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6151
    pretty interesting, I will leave this on the car for a while and see what the gas mileage will be like....
    I might need to get the hyper grounding system as well to prevent the damn shocking upon exiting my car, it has gotten a little better. the hyper ground and the hyper voltage system work best together from what I am reading.

Soooo....I got them yesterday evening and put them on because I was afraid of the weather that was coming...

and rightfully so....

better pics once the snow stops :)
    Thoughts: I love the wheels and I love the extra cushion of more rubber around the wheel, I freaking forgot what it felt like. cant wait to see my gas mileage now as well :P
    Last edited by Ivory8g; 11-29-2008 at 10:58 PM
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Best looking for 02-03 models. Good job so far dude. It's snowing bro, raise her all the way up bro. I know that snow can do some damage.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Looks good man...the black wheels give your car a whole different look. I like it!

I was looking into a voltage regulator several months ago..but haven't looked into it since. Looks like it works...but would like to get some longer term reviews from you. The one you have seems to be a great HKS alternative.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

That voltage system looks impressive for how skeptical i was of it

5-speed 6G72 w/ bolt-ons [sold]
    '93 Nissan 240sx vert

nice, I just ordered the voltage stabilizer too, now that I have three sets of HIDs on the car.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    nice, I just ordered the voltage stabilizer too, now that I have three sets of HIDs on the car.
    Geez im jealous haha

5-speed 6G72 w/ bolt-ons [sold]
    '93 Nissan 240sx vert

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    ii love the new look man black/white..

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    ^^ hell yeah thats one nice 02-03 you have built. and im not a fan of the 02-03 fronts at all

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    Best looking for 02-03 models. Good job so far dude. It's snowing bro, raise her all the way up bro. I know that snow can do some damage.
    Thanks dude. First snow of the year its already melted and gone from the roads. but I still need to raise it about 2 inches front and back anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    Looks good man...the black wheels give your car a whole different look. I like it!

I was looking into a voltage regulator several months ago..but haven't looked into it since. Looks like it works...but would like to get some longer term reviews from you. The one you have seems to be a great HKS alternative.
    yeah dude I love the new look, stock and less of an attention grabber but still aggressive.
    I will keep you guys posted on the sun system volt regulator and how it performs.
    Sun is the only one I would go with besides the HKS because it is a pretty legit company and they are used on cars that go through crap everyday, just like the track cars the HKS unit is on.

Quote Originally Posted by 02redgalant View Post
    ii love the new look man black/white..
    Thanks! :)

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    ^^ hell yeah thats one nice 02-03 you have built. and im not a fan of the 02-03 fronts at all
    I am glad I didnt switch to the new style vr4 front like I was planning :P I like my front end; its rather evo 8 ish.
    Last edited by Ivory8g; 11-29-2008 at 11:09 PM
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    I remember looking into this when I had my S13 and I was told it would be useless to my ride bcz I already had a capacitor installed for my sound system. But it was suggesed to me to replace all the ground wires that attached to the engine block with a larger gauge wire, so i upgraded them to 4 gauge wire and my stereo sounded even better, and seemed my car ran a lil smoother. Matter of fact I need to upgrade my 8Gs ground wires too, since Im still running the capacitor I wont need this Voltage Stablizer still.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

yep I will be going with the Sun hyper ground system as well for my next upgrade. they yield the best results when working together. and plus I want to get rid of that static shock I get when exiting my car completely!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

mountain run today. My friend with his civic hatch with a boosted h22 swapped engine was supposed to tag along but he had some important business to attend to.
    I still went and got some runs in and some shots though

Last edited by Ivory8g; 12-03-2008 at 02:52 AM
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Car looks awesome with the blacked out wheels, and even just the sideskirts.

It will be pimp when the lip is back on :D Can't wait!

that looks sick!!
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Thanks guys!! yeah I know I so just want to put the lip back on!! but I do have a little extra coming from trigg to finish up the outside! cant wait
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    A+ dude great job
    03 I4

the 17's look so muchh better than the 18's.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

OEM mitsu wheels FTW!
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    the 17's look so muchh better than the 18's.
    I agree dude! I am in love with the smaller wheels. the stance is on point. I save a hella lot more gas....right now with the 5 spd and all my electric upgrades and smaller wheels I am averaging 33 mpg and thats AFTER my whole touge run today......non light driving and heavy load!! i would have never thought that there would be that much difference. Lol my tranny and engine are prolly a lot more happy now
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast