The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Greddy's build thread!! Better late than never!

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 1056
    Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    mine are 4 way, i think the galant ones are 4 way, and the eclipse ones are 8 way.
    i cant remember why.

no maybe i have it backwards...

edit: mine adjust on the top just like the front.
    Mine are for the eclipse I know that, so that must be it, makes adjustment a breeze, can't wait to get them on this saturday and do a test and tune in the twisties. What setting are you running your's on?
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    I thought they were. Those are for like 92 Galants I think. I mean if that is the actual shock, then where exactly are you going to mount the spring?? Maybe I just dont see it. See how mine have the spring perch or whatever is called?

Last edited by RAZ_76; 09-03-2008 at 12:42 AM

oh wow... how did i not even look at them, those arent the right ones man.. where did you get them?

im running all mine on 4. or 1... the stiffest one..

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    I thought they were. Those are for like 92 Galants I think. I mean if that is the actual shock, then where exactly are you going to mount the spring?? Maybe I just dont see it. See how mine have the spring perch or whatever is called?

Hmmm, I didnt think about that, maybe I got the wrong parts, we'll see, looks like I'll find out this saturday, thanks ray.

That is why I was confused when you told me that it had 8 settings in the back. I know that there are no KYB AGX for 8G with 8 settings. Only 4. Good news though, I have a brand new set with Megan springs ready to ship out... and they will fit.

I'd buy them, but the fronts are the right ones, so I just need to ship the rears back to the people and ask for the right ones.

Finished painting the interior, however, I will be painting it again. In the previous post I used high temp header paint, which turned out great, I really liked the greyish black color that it had. This time around I tried some semigloss paint, and the actual painting turned out well, just the color is a little too shiny for my taste, so tommorow, for the third and last time, I will buy more header paint, and be done with the project. Oh, almost forgot the Nardi steering wheel! Thanks Ray

Let me know which shade of black you guys like better.
    Last edited by greddy; 09-04-2008 at 11:31 PM

Finished painting the interior, I like it, just waiting on the chrome door pulls and it'll be done. Painted my old style grill gunmetal with the mitsu emblem color matched to the car. Will install it when I get my JDM heads. I'll get some better pics of it with the sunlight hitting it, it really sparkles nicely.

Got the JDM headlights and grill on for test fitting, still have some trimming to do to get it to sit flush. Here it is.

Looks good! Did you already replaced the hi beam bulb?
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    Finished painting the interior, I like it, just waiting on the chrome door pulls and it'll be done. Painted my old style grill gunmetal with the mitsu emblem color matched to the car. Will install it when I get my JDM heads. I'll get some better pics of it with the sunlight hitting it, it really sparkles nicely.

So what type of paint did you end up using to get that shade of black on your interior vents, vent covers, etc??
    It looks awesome!!

5-speed 6G72 w/ bolt-ons [sold]
    '93 Nissan 240sx vert

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    nice job with the new grill, looks 100x better. that paint looks good too. if you dont want to mess up your WG but want to have black pieces there too send me a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Galante View Post
    Looks good! Did you already replaced the hi beam bulb?
    Yeah I did, I think I'm gonna try to wire it so that the lows stay on when the hi beams come on. Now I just gotta line everything up, end put on the mugen lip.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorlax5506 View Post
    So what type of paint did you end up using to get that shade of black on your interior vents, vent covers, etc??
    It looks awesome!!
    I actually did 2 coats of flat black engine enamel, then 2 coats of clear, I didn't want a shiny black, and it turned out great, doesn't scratch or scuff when I scrape it with a fingernail or something.

On another note, it turns out the rear AGX shocks that I received before were for a mustang, that explains why they were so different. The people I bought it from are taking care of it, free of charge.

Looks great bro.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    Looks great bro.
    Thank you, only possible because I have an excellent parts supplier! :)

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    On another note, it turns out the rear AGX shocks that I received before were for a mustang, that explains why they were so different. The people I bought it from are taking care of it, free of charge.
    that is good, get it lowered already! :D

that is good, get it lowered already! :D
    What do you mean get it lowered, I've had Eibachs Pro kit springs for quite a while now. I just needed better struts than the Tokico OEM replacements that I had.

i mean i need to go to bed.. LOL

i mean i need to go to bed.. LOL
    yeah you do! lol

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast