The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Greddy's build thread!! Better late than never!

Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
Showing results 641 to 660 of 1056

All full of fluids and waiting to be fired up, just need my ecu and injector clips to show up :(
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

^ nice. What injectors you using again? What ECU are you using and what ROM?

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

so with the evo down pipe, looks like your re welded the hangers in a different location on the downpipe to mate up with the mounts on the body? is this true? and will the stock oil pan not work?
    MODS

5 speed swap
    Eibach Pro Kit on GR2 Struts
    Cold Air Intake
    Outlander Intake Manifold
    6G72 V6 Throttle Body
    6G72 V6 Fuel Pump
    Axle Back Exhaust (ebay)
    Evo Fuel Rail
    Evo Radiator
    Rear Disc Swap
    Prothane Motor Mount Inserts

im getting 25mpg city and 30mpg highway untuned!!!

I just chopped the stock hangers off the stock galant exhaust and welded them to the downpipe, as for the oil pan I don't think the stock one will work because I think it's a bit deeper than the evo one but I could be wrong.

Greddy's build thread!! Better late than never!

Any updates. U did not answer my question above.

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

using evo 8 ecu and evo 8 injectors,
    Hey guys, so I have everything wire up, just waiting for my harness to use the evo ecu, just for shits and giggles I plugged the stock 99 auto ecu back into the car and tried to fire it up to see if it would start, lights would turn on the dashboard, but the car won't crank at all, any suggestions? I have evo injectors with the resistor pack wired in, I didn't touch the wiring the runs to the starter or anything of that nature. Any suggestions? battery is brand new. all the wires on the starter are tight, the relay/solenoid thingy for the starter in the fuse box makes a clicking noise when I turn the key, goes click click, but no starting, I'm getting stumped guys.

check to make sure you have a good battery with a volt meter, you say the bettery is new but it might not have 12v
    MODS

5 speed swap
    Cold Air Intake
    6G72 V6 Throttle Body
    6G72 V6 Fuel Pump
    Axle Back Exhaust (ebay)
    Evo Fuel Rail
    Evo Radiator
    Rear Disc Swap

it can power all my accessories up and everything,I can turn on music, move the windows up and down, etc, like the car doesn't even attempt to crank is what stumps me

Did you bump your wiring from the five speed swap? Maybe a jumper got pulled out

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

I don't think so, car has been five speed for almost a year now with no starting issues.

Greddy's build thread!! Better late than never!

Check cam and crank sensor. Something is not been ground.

SOHC Turbo

car runs, idles pig rich on the stock ecu but runs, evo ecu gets immobilizer cleared tomorrow and tune @ English Racing this friday, dyno numbers to come :)
    I'm really bummed though, I had to purchase new injector clips, jumper harness, resistor box and ecu because all of mine are still in Vegas :(
    Last edited by greddy; 01-09-2013 at 12:07 AM

Re: Greddy's build thread!! Better late than never!

If they happen to come in, hit me up I might be interested

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    MODS

5 speed swap
    Cold Air Intake
    6G72 V6 Throttle Body
    6G72 V6 Fuel Pump
    Axle Back Exhaust (ebay)
    Evo Fuel Rail
    Evo Radiator
    Rear Disc Swap

WHAT no video of first start up. FAIL. dyno numbers we need videos. lets see how she is acting. tune the injectors on the stock PCM until u get the evo ecu. You will have to decrease the latency and increase the injector scaling a bit about 5%. See if she settles.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 01-09-2013 at 03:16 PM

SOHC Turbo

car runs and drives on the stock evo 8 ecu, just ran around town for a bit no issues, no leaks, no overheating, only problems are the following: tach signal fluctuates, speedo does not work, and fuel pump relay doesnt flip on by itself so I've jumped it to always be on when the car is running. I blame the boomslang harness for that although I ordered it thursday and got it tuesday so I really can't complain, they had incredible turn around time which helped me out since I got screwed on my other one, car is going to english racing on friday for a much needed tune, currently just running wastegate pressure of 10psi but feels quite nice they will also help me figure out the little bugaboos with the car but overall I'm pleased, car is very quiet now with the turbo, all you can hear is the spool and the little hiss of the diverter valve, I love it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HH4Zq6S7q4
    don't worry, all the wiring is tucked and wrapped up very neatly now, that was the first successful startup on the evo ecu.

does the tach work till a certain rpm then drop to 0? you need the evo reluctor wheel I believe to run the evo ecu and have the tach and speedo work properly. Everything is probably wired correctly but I would double check the wiring.
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

jigz was telling me about bypassing the ignition fail switch or sensor thingy that the 99-00 have for a better tach signal.

Oh I dont know about this bypass. JIGZ! where you at? lol
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

I had the SAME exact issue with the tach. I bypassed the IFS and voila! I do not have the evo reluctor wheel.

I never had speedometer issues though. Well, besides the fact that it doesnt go up fast enough! MOAR POWAAAA

Grats on getting the car running man. Once its tuned that car is going to be new to you all over again. I have yet to drive it hard on its limit since I've turboed it. I have yet to beat my best time on a local run here. Mind you my best time was set when I was NA and was at the limit. I'm learning though, left foot brake seems to work. The no PS is giving me a work out eeverytime I drive the car hard though.

What power are you shooting to hit? At my street tune, Devin mentioned that theres a lot more room to work with than where he got it and the VDyno results came out around 210 whp and 275 wtq @ 10 psi with a 11.0 tip-in AFR and 11.3 steady at WOT. This set-up should yield 240 easy with a good tuner, though it may be a bit aggressive. You have that freer flowing head though so it WILL definitely make a HUGE difference. We're going to shoot as close to 300 as we can this time around at 15-17psi. But even if we don't get it I'll be satisfied. I'm pulling stock/close to stock EVO X's now so I'm sure it wont be hard to hit a 260 mark. I dont really care, if my hooptie can make 260whp with a home-made turbo set-up on the stock motor, including the poor flowing head I'll be more than ecstatic.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast