The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Greddy's build thread!! Better late than never!

Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
Showing results 801 to 820 of 1056

flame suit is on, bring it boys
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

It reminds me of a Dodge Charger Daytona, haha! The first pic I actually like how it looks but the rest is like, meh. But then again you actually track your car. Lol

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    ^Same here lol I thought it was an evo wing at first glance

«Carlos»

it's pretty tall, there is a shorter version that I might be getting as well, but this is purely for track use and will help in the tail happy nature of my car by still allowing the car to rotate but at the same time it will allow me added adjustment. Front splitter is in the works as well.

And of course, it's carbon fiber :)!!

I say F it, get the big one (pause).

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Looks Luke that wrc evo wing lol idk you could do away with a smaller wing and still satisfy your downforce needs. Style and racing do go together

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Ummm my opinion over kill. Too high

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

I like it, it goes well with the car.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Your car sees track time.

F aesthetics if fast.

What about this? Your car at the end of the day, just throwing ideas out http://dtmfiberwerkz.com/access/styl...ler-p-591.html

Of course fitment is in question

diggin the wing. not that style. i prefer a more classic gt wing with wide stays

looks really bad at that angle but i think thats because its sitting on your lip.
    would look way better sittin flat.

Managed to improve my best time from before by nearly 10 seconds, however the car doesn't have enough cooling with the stock radiator/fan setup and thus the temperatures started to creep up. Car has @ least another 5 seconds in it at minimum once I have the cooling situation sorted, should be a sub 1:30 car @ PIR once I can actually push it and keep the throttle pinned instead of backing off like I had to in order to keep temps under control. Aluminum radiator, dual slim fans, and a lower temp thermostat are either ready to be installed or have been ordered. Just didn't have a chance before the day to install the my mishimoto radiator. On the plus side the car was PLANTED in the corners with the new RS3s and spring rates, rotating the perfect amount with very minute understeer @ the very limit. Very pleased with the results.

Last edited by greddy; 04-15-2013 at 10:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKaFt...ature=youtu.be
    First time out after a huge round of mods including the turbo setup, car handled really well but the cooling system was not up to snuff, melted my radiator shroud and radiator fan and started to slowly creep, I could only do 3 laps at a time and I couldn't go full throttle very often, you'll see a lot of coasting and part throttle as I'm trying to manage the heat. Cooling upgrades on the way.

I find it a little ironic that I remember riding in the back seat of this car when my mom purchased it brand new and I thought it was the coolest thing ever at the tender age of 8... so much has changed.

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Nice video car sounds good

«Carlos»

I like how you passed a Miata, a Porsche and a Camaro. Nice driving!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

^trust me, there was a lot more passing done of expensive cars in the miata I was driving than in the galant, next time I'll be passing more cars simply because I'll actually stay out for a full 20-30 minute session. rs3s are terrific, 95% of an entry level R compound grip in a tire that will last longer and you can actually drive on the street with. There is easily another 5- 8 seconds in the car, I was nowhere near pushing it constantly coasting and breathing off the throttle. this was the first time out on new spring rates as well, and I managed to destroy one of the AMR coils, by the time I got home it was blowing fluid everywhere. Turns out that in my prototype set andy used a shock tube for a wishbone suspension car which doesn't see as much lateral stress as a mac strut car like the galant and thus much thinner than the one I needed. Long story short, I managed to bend the passenger side quite badly due to the strain of tracking. Called Andy at 9 that night, told him what happened. He told me to come by the next morning. I showed up at AMR the next morning to find two brand new front dampers with much thicker rods, free of charge because of that lifetime warranty. Apparently I'm the first shock failure in 8 years and that was because I was still on the prototypes which had a more fragile rod design. Car is back together and perfect now, couldn't be happier, much love to AMR for their excellent customer service, here's some photos.

seems a bit longer. i take it didnt come near the axle?

nope, clears just fine

Hey brotato what is the benefit of the longer damper?

Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast