The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Greddy's build thread!! Better late than never!

Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Showing results 921 to 940 of 1056
    Really? Even though the evolved is dohc? I assume that custom exhaust manifold is prime, but what about the intake manni? Been toying with evolved or the outlander with larger throttle body. But it will be a bit before I get to this point. Just looking to start making a shopping list for when I start hitting the jy.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Oh what you went speed density?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Yep, omni 4 bar and gm IAT . Dragon, you can used a stock evo manifold with spacers.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Very nice! Sd alone can net you 20-30 whp and more area under the curve. I'm sure it drives like butter.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Yeah that was the reason I did it, love the way it drives.

Congrats on the gains

Thanks dude, Im really pleased with the way the car is now.

Congrats on the numbers. I can't wait to get mine running and get a dyno.

Hey can u snap some pics of where you mounted your IAT sensor?? I'm considering going with speed density too.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Its in a bung welded into the upper intercooler pipe about 6 inches from the throttle body, I used the IAT and bung from diyautotune.com.

Did a track day, car was great with only a few minor issues, ran a personal best time and vanquished a supercharged nsx.

How did the new power level feel, any torque steer?? What club did u run with?

No issues with torque steer with the retune, the way the power comes in is much more linear rather than the massive spike in torque in the lower RPM range, my biggest issue was I turned the boost down for reliability but once in 4th gear the car was still creeping up to 21-22 psi so once it started to creep I would go part throttle and hold the car at 15 psi manually, was still topping out 4th easily. I was running with Alfa Club of Oregon, they do two events a year, a spring and a fall, it was a good shakedown. Wasnt really planning on taking the galant since I was excited to try out the miata with all the changes I did this winter but alas that did not work out. Ill have some go pro footage up soon.

http://youtu.be/THWtMVZNgbA
    Not my best laps but there it is, car has so much left in it, wish I had the gopro running when Josh and I played with the nsx.

Dope vid! Love seeing her move thru those corners at speed like its nothing.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Nice shakedown! Ive been to much of wimp to heel/toe but looks like you got down. Are you jump to r-comps this year?

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Nice driving, the car looks like its very well behaved in the corners.

One bit of advice, watch your brake release, I had a hard time with that in autocross, but your release should be just as smooth as your application. What would happen to me is I'd have the weight transferred with the brakes, and when I'd release and turn in the weight would transfer backwards just as I completed my turn in and cause the car to push.

I can certainly tell we have different driving styles, though its hard to tell with how open a road course is vs. how tight autocross is.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

I doubt I will go to R comps, with the huge RS3s that I currently run on the car I dont thing I will want R comps, I currently am about 2 seconds off the time set by a stock E92 M3 on BFG R1s and am just under a second off the Spec Miata track record, which was set on Hoosier SM6s(R6 basically). Its kind of a big deal to chase down spec miata times because they have an incredible amount of speed in the corners and every track we go to that is the goal. I think that once the car is consistently below spec miata speeds I will buy some r comp takeoffs like I do for my miata and go from there.

Its hard to get this car out there since I have the miata now and we have a large group of guys who track miatas and we have a NW miata challenge that is pretty active so the galant only makes it out every once in a while. I do still rely on it for daily transportation os there is that.

The car will be out again in about a month or so, Ill b e doing an instructor school that will certify me to instruct students at HPDEs and will lower my cost.

Heel toe is fantastic, for whatever reason it is easier in this car than in the miata, I love it, really reduces the strain on the drivetrain.

http://youtu.be/OburYR_ivO8
    Here is a little bit more, nothing super exciting.

Drove it like you stole it lol, car sounds mean

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Nice vids

«Carlos»

Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast