The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Greddy's build thread!! Better late than never!

Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 LastLast
Showing results 961 to 980 of 1056
    Always wondered how that worked out for people. Friend of mine used to have a 4dr civic with a turbo gsr swap. He told me when he broke his axles he just went and got replacements. I think it was autozone. Maybe not so much then, but now most auto parts stores around my way have enthusiasts who work there, so I wonder how well the stories hold up lol. They might not even care

Enthusiast along with regular Warranty swaps dont even put a dent on the profits that come from units sold, amount of markup and no to mention you give up a core that gets rebuilt and sold for more profits. Not only that, alot of people switch phone numbers like they do underwear, especially those with prepaid plans or those who move often, alot of times especially with batteries they come in with bad batteries that should still be under warranty according to the date of manufacture on the battery but they can't get their info straight, so no warranty means gotta buy new again.... and they get mad at me saying I (me personally) "erased" their record to make commission off them.

Good point, didn't think about the core exchange

OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

ive go those same gloves in highlighter yellow. sticky motherfuckers arent they?

i like when that lotus was in front of you and you were like "WHAT ARE YOU DOINGGGG" i say that all too much when racing karts, people just dont know how pick a line and stay in it. they usually end up taking us both out.

Nice session!!

thanks guys,
    here's more from NASA time trials today, this is my good friend Eddie Nakato who owns AR auto service and is a fantastic driver, he took my car out for a few laps, I learned a few things from him, footage of me driving is coming up.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65xz...ature=youtu.be

This is one of like 3 threads between club3g and the galant center that produce every time.

I don't know if I asked you this already but are you running thicker sway bars? And TT class is your car in? Your friend can REALLY drive, I like how hes not afraid of a lil oversteer!!

Your friend Eddie can drive, after I watched the video I realized I was clenching my butt cheeks.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Man, on the edge, that is sweet! You and xd_01 pull so much harder in the straights then I can.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

I'm running the stock front bar with adjustable links and then a big rear bar with adjustable links.
    Eddie is a monster, he instructs guys with gt3s and m3s for $$$ a day at track days and he raced successfully in scca for several years in integras and civics.We are currently working on the next racecar, I'll post pics when its ready. Let's just say its maybe the 3rd swap of its kind in the world.
    Here are two sessions of me driving. I'm not as fast as Eddie but I'm getting there, its much easier to drive 11/10ths in the miata rather than my daily driver that I have so much emotional attachment to but its getting there. I played with shifting points throughout the day with the newfound power and such that the car has so there are some inconsistencies between the two sessions.
    http://youtu.be/YvQ_0oXqLFc
    http://youtu.be/wNa3Zx5s2Qs
    As for TT class we aren't sure yet, still waiting in my base re-class due to aftermarket forced induction, the typical galant base class is TTG but I think once Im reclassed and all mods are factored in ill be between TTA and TTC. When running with TT2 this weekend to help friends make contingency I was 6 seconds off the pace of a Yokohama slick equipped e92m3 with loads of mods .
    I plan to do more TT this summer in the miata because its set up perfectly for TTD.
    Last edited by greddy; 05-07-2014 at 10:20 PM

Wow 6 sec. is awesome!! Lol my last time out i was like 12 sec. slower then the fastest TT2 car but I was
    driving pretty conservative. I was running closer to the TTD times which isnt to bad but I need to get closer to my goal
    before the end season so I can jump into TT next year.

Do they still have TTA out there? Over here they did away with that and made it TT3. Im guessing with my mods
    thats where I would be. I havent submitted anything formal but I dont see where else I would be other then the
    pwr/ weight ratio class.

Do you pre-load the sway bar links. I have a set a sway bars that Ive been sitting on for while, I think
    I might throw the rear bar on.

A little preload up front, no preload rear but I have the bar set to the most aggressive setting.

Here is a photo dump from the NASA day

That's a huge dump!
    Car and pics look sick man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks dude, here is one more from that weekend

Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 LastLast