The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Greddy's build thread!! Better late than never!

Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253 LastLast
Showing results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1056
    I've had an oil cooler installed since the first day the car was turbocharged. I'm running the evo 8 oil filter housing so I used the OEM evo 8 oil cooler and ducted it to the passenger side fog light opening. Also the housing has a built in thermostat so you don't over cool your oil on cold days.
    Car just doesn't heat soak as badly, it was about 90 out that day and it was just more consistent throughout a full session.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Ohh nice I didn't notice you had one installed already. Good to hear about the IC, I plan to use the ETS intercooler from the 2g eclipse since that's the spec I am using now.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Retuned the car after an EGR delete, not a lot of peak gain but plenty of midrange gains, red line is after the tune

Clutch pedal brscketsnapped coming of the dyno

Best stock block 4g64 and still plowing. At the same time though fuck push type clutches. There isn't a piece of the hydraulic system I haven't seen it break yet.

You don't have the reinforcement bracket installed?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Holy shit that graph just got nastier

4g64T 5spd

Look at the boost plot. It slowly climbed up to max psi to control wheelspin/save the drivetrain? Now boost is a flatline. Looks like someone tuned the boost plot and that is why there is a huge hp and tq increase in that area specifically
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

It slowly climbed because that's what the car would do with the MBC turned down all the way, crept like a mofo. Since I ported the wastegate the boost no longer crept. We deleted the egr at the same the time. I've played with suspension settings and tire pressures to eliminate wheelspin and I decided to make as much midrange as possible without changing peak boost. We actually made 360wtq but decided to tune it down a bit for stock block "longevity"

As for the clutch I've decided to go with a DSM twin disk with a hydraulic TOB in the future, and the transmission is going to get built to TREs stage 2 rebuild in preparation for 400wtq in the not so distant future.

Car made 280/290 on 15psi.
    Last edited by greddy; 09-07-2014 at 02:08 AM

Nice numbers..oh and kinda off topic but i just saw this looking at meet vids on youtube.. @ 4:06 http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1huvksUP0Mw

Yep, that's my miata.

Gonna build a motor to go with that trans?

if I actually shoot for 400wtq I might, the goal is more to have a bulletproof trans to hold the current setup, Im quite happy to throw another stock block in if this one blows. If I do build a motor it will stay SOHC and just be rods and pistons with an AMS moroso pan, I currently have a custom baffled stock evo pan but I like the extra oil capacity of the moroso pan. I also have a spare head laying around so I might have it gone through and ported and maybe do valvesprings and retainers and rev it to 7000. Again, all potential future outcomes but at this point the car is great the way it is and I have no complaints with the exception of the annual clutch fork replacement job.

There ought to be a shop near you who could shot peen and heat treat that fork. It blows me away that all that clutch hardware breaks with just a 2200 pound plate.

Valvesprings should be on the top of your list if you end up doing anything with the head. DO NOT get RPW if you reach that point though. I've got a far better option for you. Porting will get you a very long way as well even with the stock cam.

I'm surprised and impressed that your motor has held together this long. You've been pushing way past the supposed limit all the "gurus" of the past laid out years ago. Goes to show it's a proper setup.

Its currently a 2600 pressure plate, I bought a 2200 to put in next time but I don't know of it will hold the power.

ok first things first....... awesome way to raise a galant. awesome number and build on tht motor. car look awesome ever since u started doing ur touches.
    CAR
    MOTOR
    TURBO SETUP
    SUSPENSION

EVERYTHING IS OPTIMAL AND SICK....... LONG WAY AND THE CAR HAVE PAID YOU BACK WITH ITS OUTCOME.

FUUUUCKKKK TOOK ME LIKE A WEEK TO GO THRU UR BUILT(IM NEW HERE LMAO) WELL WORTH IT ^^^BEEN SAID.

NOW QUESTIONS LOL

DID YOU EVER FIGURE OUT THT MYSTERY LIP YOU FOUND?
    YOU STILL ROCKING THE 99-00 BUMPER???
    WILL LIKE TO KNOW DETAILS ON UR ENGINE MANAGEMENT SETUP??? (U DELETE EMISSIONS? 2STEP?)
    SORRY IM NOT NEW TO CARS OR BUILDING THEM. JUST A LITTLE STUCK WITH MITSU COMPUTERS, HARNESS. (YES I HAVE SPEND HRS ON SEARCH/READING/INVESTIGATING.... ALL I SEE IS ALOT OF DIFFERENT OPINIONS) GLAD TO HEAR FROM PPL WHO HAS SWEAT AND PUT IN WORK TO GET THERE. LIKE UR SELF AND ALSO GALANTMAN03(I THINK HIS NAME) 4G63TLOVER ETC... READ ALL OF THEIR BUILD.

SORRY IF I ANNOYED YOU JUST INTRIGUED.

THANKS (DONT WORRY THEM BOYS ARE GONNA GET QUESTIONED) LOL

It's a Lancer Oz rally lip. Stock 99_00 bumper. Evo 8 ecu. I have no emissions related parts left on the car. No check engine lights.

Last edited by greddy; 09-29-2014 at 02:08 AM

So u can turn off emissions on the ecu?

Evo8 ecu comes ported for tunning?

Whats a bbk turbo?

Thanks for the replies.

yes you can turn the emissions of with the ecu, the ecu is tuned through the OBD2 port, a BBK turbo is a stock frame evo turbo make by CBRD.

new temporary transmission is in along with an ACT 2100 PP and 6 puck sprung disk, combo should be good for 420wtq, Ive put about 100 miles on it so far and the pedal is much more daily driver friendly. Cant wait to get my old trans back from TRE after it gets upgraded with their stage 2 rebuild, also looking into doing a transmission cooler and mounting it in the driver's side foglight hole.

Nice good. Thx alot for response. Good info.
    Good to hear u back on the road.

Whats stage 2 consist on trans build?

Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253 LastLast